My Network Places - Wireless

This is a discussion on My Network Places - Wireless ; I have to look at a wireless setup later today and while I do not yet have specific details about the setup, this is the problem. When My Network Places is opened on a PC with a wireless card, the ...

  1. My Network Places

    I have to look at a wireless setup later today and while I do not yet have
    specific details about the setup, this is the problem. When My Network
    Places is opened on a PC with a wireless card, the host computer is
    displayed OK. However, when any shared folder on the host PC is clicked to
    highlight it, the hour glass appears for around two minutes. Once the hour
    glass quits displaying, files can be transferred in a normal (fast) manner.
    Likewise, when My Network Places on the host computer is used, the same
    delay (problem) happens. Do you have any suggestions given the limited
    info?
    --
    Regards

    Ron Badour
    MS MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience

  2. Re: My Network Places

    Please disregard. When I got down there today, I could not replicate the
    problem. Perhaps the reboot cleared out the gremlin.

    --

    "Ron Badour" wrote in message
    >I have to look at a wireless setup later today and while I do not yet have
    >specific details about the setup, this is the problem. When My Network
    >Places is opened on a PC with a wireless card, the host computer is
    >displayed OK. However, when any shared folder on the host PC is clicked to
    >highlight it, the hour glass appears for around two minutes. Once the hour
    >glass quits displaying, files can be transferred in a normal (fast) manner.
    >Likewise, when My Network Places on the host computer is used, the same
    >delay (problem) happens. Do you have any suggestions given the limited
    >info?
    > --
    > Regards
    >
    > Ron Badour
    > MS MVP
    > Windows Desktop Experience

  3. Re: My Network Places

    Sounds like Master browser issue. Master browser may take 12-minute
    intervals to obtain the complete list of servers.

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    "Ron Badour" wrote in message
    > Please disregard. When I got down there today, I could not replicate the
    > problem. Perhaps the reboot cleared out the gremlin.
    >
    > --
    > Regards
    >
    > Ron Badour
    > MS MVP
    > Windows Desktop Experience
    >

    > "Ron Badour" wrote in message
    >>I have to look at a wireless setup later today and while I do not yet have
    >>specific details about the setup, this is the problem. When My Network
    >>Places is opened on a PC with a wireless card, the host computer is
    >>displayed OK. However, when any shared folder on the host PC is clicked
    >>to highlight it, the hour glass appears for around two minutes. Once the
    >>hour glass quits displaying, files can be transferred in a normal (fast)
    >>manner. Likewise, when My Network Places on the host computer is used, the
    >>same delay (problem) happens. Do you have any suggestions given the
    >>limited info?
    >> --
    >> Regards
    >>
    >> Ron Badour