Mapping Network Drive - Wireless

This is a discussion on Mapping Network Drive - Wireless ; I can map my network drive without problem and all works fine BUT when I turn off my laptop and restart it the next day, I lose the mapping and must remap every day. Is there something I'm missing when ...

  1. Mapping Network Drive

    I can map my network drive without problem and all works fine BUT when I turn
    off my laptop and restart it the next day, I lose the mapping and must remap
    every day. Is there something I'm missing when I Map the Drive.
    --
    Dawk

  2. Re: Mapping Network Drive

    Have you checked Reconnect at logon?

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    "Dawk" wrote in message
    news92BDBA0-B75E-469B-A7BB-AF47B74DFA54@microsoft.com...
    >I can map my network drive without problem and all works fine BUT when I
    >turn
    > off my laptop and restart it the next day, I lose the mapping and must
    > remap
    > every day. Is there something I'm missing when I Map the Drive.
    > --
    > Dawk

  3. Re: Mapping Network Drive

    Yep!

    --
    Dawk

    "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Have you checked Reconnect at logon?
    >
    > --
    > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    > http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    > http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    > "Dawk" wrote in message
    > news92BDBA0-B75E-469B-A7BB-AF47B74DFA54@microsoft.com...
    > >I can map my network drive without problem and all works fine BUT when I
    > >turn
    > > off my laptop and restart it the next day, I lose the mapping and must
    > > remap
    > > every day. Is there something I'm missing when I Map the Drive.
    > > --
    > > Dawk

  4. Re: Mapping Network Drive

    It could be a 3rd party software issue. for troubleshooting, start the
    windows with clean boot. If that doesn't fix, you may cerate a logon script
    to map the drives.

    --
    "Dawk" wrote in message
    > Yep!
    >

    > --
    > Dawk
    >

    > "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> Have you checked Reconnect at logon?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    >> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    >> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    >> "Dawk" wrote in message
    >> news92BDBA0-B75E-469B-A7BB-AF47B74DFA54@microsoft.com...
    >> >I can map my network drive without problem and all works fine BUT when I
    >> >turn
    >> > off my laptop and restart it the next day, I lose the mapping and must
    >> > remap
    >> > every day. Is there something I'm missing when I Map the Drive.
    >> > --
    >> > Dawk

  5. Re: Mapping Network Drive

    Hi
    I have few 3rd party applications that if invoke before any thing else after
    the Network was switched on would not recognize the mapped drive.
    However if I first invoke Windows Explorer and click on the mapped drive,
    Windows Explorer recognizes the drive and the other applications would then
    recognize it as well until the next time that the network is switched Off,
    and On again.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    "Dawk" wrote in message
    news92BDBA0-B75E-469B-A7BB-AF47B74DFA54@microsoft.com...
    >I can map my network drive without problem and all works fine BUT when I
    >turn
    > off my laptop and restart it the next day, I lose the mapping and must
    > remap
    > every day. Is there something I'm missing when I Map the Drive.
    > --
    > Dawk

  6. Re: Mapping Network Drive

    Jack:

    I tried your fix and it seems to be working. Although, it has worked, for
    no apparent reason, in the past. I'll let you know how things go. By the
    way, it is a 3rd party application that triggers the issue.

    Dawk

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > I have few 3rd party applications that if invoke before any thing else after
    > the Network was switched on would not recognize the mapped drive.
    > However if I first invoke Windows Explorer and click on the mapped drive,
    > Windows Explorer recognizes the drive and the other applications would then
    > recognize it as well until the next time that the network is switched Off,
    > and On again.
    > Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)
    >
    > "Dawk" wrote in message
    > news92BDBA0-B75E-469B-A7BB-AF47B74DFA54@microsoft.com...
    > >I can map my network drive without problem and all works fine BUT when I
    > >turn
    > > off my laptop and restart it the next day, I lose the mapping and must
    > > remap
    > > every day. Is there something I'm missing when I Map the Drive.
    > > --
    > > Dawk

  7. Re: Mapping Network Drive

    Jack:

    Your solution seemed to work for awhile but this morning I had to connect to
    the network drive through explorer again to get the program running again.
    It's probably easier just to map the drive every morning. Anybody have any
    other ideas?

    Dawk
    --
    Dawk

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > I have few 3rd party applications that if invoke before any thing else after
    > the Network was switched on would not recognize the mapped drive.
    > However if I first invoke Windows Explorer and click on the mapped drive,
    > Windows Explorer recognizes the drive and the other applications would then
    > recognize it as well until the next time that the network is switched Off,
    > and On again.
    > Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)
    >
    > "Dawk" wrote in message
    > news92BDBA0-B75E-469B-A7BB-AF47B74DFA54@microsoft.com...
    > >I can map my network drive without problem and all works fine BUT when I
    > >turn
    > > off my laptop and restart it the next day, I lose the mapping and must
    > > remap
    > > every day. Is there something I'm missing when I Map the Drive.
    > > --
    > > Dawk

+ Reply to Thread