Several wireless network connections - Wireless

This is a discussion on Several wireless network connections - Wireless ; I am having trouble getting my wireless card to recognize my network. Have Windows XP, and are trying to install a Linksys 54G wireless card. The computer says the card is "working properly" but does not recognizes any router (my ...

  1. Several wireless network connections

    I am having trouble getting my wireless card to recognize my network. Have
    Windows XP, and are trying to install a Linksys 54G wireless card. The
    computer says the card is "working properly" but does not recognizes any
    router (my or my neighbors) and every time I uninstall, and install the card
    again, the wireless network connection increases by one number. So far says
    "Wireless Network connection 12".

    Is there a way to remove ALL the connections, reset the network connection
    in case is corrupted?? NEED HELP PLEASE. Any suggestions will be
    appreciated!

  2. Re: Several wireless network connections

    Hi
    Ignore the connection number it is an ID number, it does not mean that you
    have 12 connections.
    As far as the actual problem goes, try the process as describe in these
    pages.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    "Totolote" wrote in message
    >I am having trouble getting my wireless card to recognize my network. Have
    > Windows XP, and are trying to install a Linksys 54G wireless card. The
    > computer says the card is "working properly" but does not recognizes any
    > router (my or my neighbors) and every time I uninstall, and install the
    > card
    > again, the wireless network connection increases by one number. So far
    > says
    > "Wireless Network connection 12".
    >
    > Is there a way to remove ALL the connections, reset the network connection
    > in case is corrupted?? NEED HELP PLEASE. Any suggestions will be
    > appreciated!

+ Reply to Thread