wireless profiles with vista and tp-link - Wireless

This is a discussion on wireless profiles with vista and tp-link - Wireless ; Hello have a problem might becasue of sp1. why I say that is beacuse when I didn't have sp1 wireless was working great. Ok here it is I have my ssid as not to show the name of the network. ...

  1. wireless profiles with vista and tp-link

    Hello have a problem might becasue of sp1. why I say that is beacuse when I
    didn't have sp1 wireless was working great. Ok here it is I have my ssid as
    not to show the name of the network. When I add a profile to my tp-link
    adapter software it works fine. Then when I restart vista the auto login log
    in to the router but not the internet. After not getting the right info from
    the router. I try to login manual. i search for wirelsee network and my
    unnames ssid is listed with its name and not list as unknow? so i refresh the
    window and it keeps showing up? Now i can't get the interent on the wireless
    connection. This started when I put sp1 in. This has not been the first
    problem I have had after sp1 installed for the wireless.
    So to some what to band aid the problem. I deleted the profile out of tp
    link adapter software. then close the software. Then go in to vista did a
    scan for wireless networks and the unknow network show up in the list I
    connect to it add the pass word crap and vista did its thing with the router
    and come back showing its private network. The problem is when I save the
    profile in tp link software or vista and restart the computer it don't
    connect right.
    how can I get the profile fixed i am thinking that vista is messing up the
    info to the wireless router. Note before you even ask if the driver files for
    the adapter been update don't even ask. I had to find a working driver files
    for the wireless adapters (two of them same--(all wireless is tp-link
    products)) to work bettre with sp1 as the most updated driver from windows
    update don't work as it dropped both adapter wireless cards when internet
    explorer seven and java loaded to play pogo.com games checkers as a free
    user. I am doing a test right now on the other WVHP-SP1 OS. I went in to the
    reg and found the profile name and removed it. Then just put the profile back
    in. Just waiting to see buy friday if the problem comes back?
    I using WVU-SP1 OS-- I do have WXPH-sp3 with the new driver adapter and no
    problems at all.

  2. Re: wireless profiles with vista and tp-link

    Hi
    SSID Off is a bad idea, it destabilizes the Wireless.
    Any one that can brake encryption can find your SSID in 10sec., thus
    switching Off the SSID is Not a security feature at all.
    In addition make sure that either you Run the original Wireless Utility or
    Windows Wireless capacity never Run both.
    In general.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    "Livecrosswire" wrote in message
    > Hello have a problem might becasue of sp1. why I say that is beacuse when
    > didn't have sp1 wireless was working great. Ok here it is I have my ssid
    > as
    > not to show the name of the network. When I add a profile to my tp-link
    > adapter software it works fine. Then when I restart vista the auto login
    > log
    > in to the router but not the internet. After not getting the right info
    > from
    > the router. I try to login manual. i search for wirelsee network and my
    > unnames ssid is listed with its name and not list as unknow? so i refresh
    > the
    > window and it keeps showing up? Now i can't get the interent on the
    > wireless
    > connection. This started when I put sp1 in. This has not been the first
    > problem I have had after sp1 installed for the wireless.
    > So to some what to band aid the problem. I deleted the profile out of tp
    > link adapter software. then close the software. Then go in to vista did a
    > scan for wireless networks and the unknow network show up in the list I
    > connect to it add the pass word crap and vista did its thing with the
    > router
    > and come back showing its private network. The problem is when I save the
    > profile in tp link software or vista and restart the computer it don't
    > connect right.
    > how can I get the profile fixed i am thinking that vista is messing up
    > the
    > info to the wireless router. Note before you even ask if the driver files
    > for
    > the adapter been update don't even ask. I had to find a working driver
    > files
    > for the wireless adapters (two of them same--(all wireless is tp-link
    > products)) to work bettre with sp1 as the most updated driver from windows
    > update don't work as it dropped both adapter wireless cards when internet
    > explorer seven and java loaded to play pogo.com games checkers as a free
    > user. I am doing a test right now on the other WVHP-SP1 OS. I went in to
    > the
    > reg and found the profile name and removed it. Then just put the profile
    > back
    > in. Just waiting to see buy friday if the problem comes back?
    > I using WVU-SP1 OS-- I do have WXPH-sp3 with the new driver adapter and no
    > problems at all.

  3. Re: wireless profiles with vista and tp-link

    Ok jack I will put my ssid board cast back on if it might fix the problem.
    As in using one or the other I do. I use the adapter software first. If I
    have problems with it or vista don't load it? I use the os. I would use the
    os then the software. one less problem. But that not going to happen as
    WVU-SP1 OS don't detect the card to install the drivers for it. Plus I found
    out that the adapter software and cards are not from tp link there Reltek
    cards. So tp link just changed the name of the software and driver just to
    have it match with its router? anyway!!

+ Reply to Thread