laptop cannot detect network at home but detects network at other - Wireless

This is a discussion on laptop cannot detect network at home but detects network at other - Wireless ; we have been using this wi fi connection at our condo before and everything was ok. when i tried accessing it again after some time of not using it, my laptop cannot even find any wirless network available, the funny ...

  1. laptop cannot detect network at home but detects network at other

    we have been using this wi fi connection at our condo before and everything
    was ok. when i tried accessing it again after some time of not using it, my
    laptop cannot even find any wirless network available, the funny thing is my
    friends laptop was just beside mine and everything was okay with it. so i
    went to the mall and got connected there and everytjing was okay with my
    laptop.

    whats the difference then? how come i cannot detect the networks at home
    when i know its just there. by the way i made previously reformatted the
    laptop, could the changes have affected my connection.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: laptop cannot detect network at home but detects network at other

    what version of windows?
    is the SSID hidden?
    try changing the SSID on your home router, do not hide it. be sure
    to use WPA2 or at least WPA security.
    power cycle the router after you change the settings and reboot the
    computer.

    what happens?

    --

    Barb Bowman