Wireless network incremental numbering - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless network incremental numbering - Wireless ; Running WIN XP Pro SP3 and I've had occasion to install/uninstall my wireless network and adaptor several times in my laptop. Each time, the network ID increments one number-- Wireless Network 7, Wireless Network 8, etc. Can I clear that ...

  1. Wireless network incremental numbering

    Running WIN XP Pro SP3 and I've had occasion to install/uninstall my
    wireless network and adaptor several times in my laptop. Each time, the
    network ID increments one number-- Wireless Network 7, Wireless Network 8,
    etc.

    Can I clear that buffer or whatever it is-- and reset to zero or one so that
    my current network/adaptor is network One?

    --
    "My name is Doc Holliday and I approved this message"..........

  2. Re: Wireless network incremental numbering

    J.H. Holliday wrote:
    > Running WIN XP Pro SP3 and I've had occasion to install/uninstall my
    > wireless network and adaptor several times in my laptop. Each time, the
    > network ID increments one number-- Wireless Network 7, Wireless Network 8,
    > etc.
    >
    > Can I clear that buffer or whatever it is-- and reset to zero or one so that
    > my current network/adaptor is network One?

    You can rename if you are in network connections. Not when in the task
    bar however.

  3. Re: Wireless network incremental numbering

    Hi
    There is Nothing to clear the number is just and ID number.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    "J.H. Holliday" wrote in message
    newsuudnQ6koYdiZDjVnZ2dnUVZ_hmdnZ2d@comcast.com...
    > Running WIN XP Pro SP3 and I've had occasion to install/uninstall my
    > wireless network and adaptor several times in my laptop. Each time, the
    > network ID increments one number-- Wireless Network 7, Wireless Network 8,
    > etc.
    >
    > Can I clear that buffer or whatever it is-- and reset to zero or one so
    > that my current network/adaptor is network One?
    >
    > --
    > "My name is Doc Holliday and I approved this message"..........

+ Reply to Thread