When I ping another machine, it replies from my ip address and fails - Wireless

This is a discussion on When I ping another machine, it replies from my ip address and fails - Wireless ; Hi, I have a few machines connected to an Airport Express device. Everything was working fine but now there seems to be a problem When I try to ping my win2003 from any vista desktop machine using the IP address ...

  1. When I ping another machine, it replies from my ip address and fails

    Hi,

    I have a few machines connected to an Airport Express device. Everything was
    working fine but now there seems to be a problem

    When I try to ping my win2003 from any vista desktop machine using the IP
    address it fails, but seems to ping my machines address.

    Ping 192.168.0.10

    Reply from 192.168.0.43: Destination host unreachable
    Reply from 192.168.0.43: Destination host unreachable
    Reply from 192.168.0.43: Destination host unreachable

    The (43) changes to be the IP address of the machine thats doing the
    ping....

    Whats happening here ?????

  2. Re: When I ping another machine, it replies from my ip address and fails

    It looks like you have an alternate address setup in the IP settings
    on that computer.
    Open the IPV4 properties and look for the
    Alternate configuration tab and in it click to check
    the
    Automatic private IP address box so it does not use
    the user cinfigured IP that it seems to be trying to use.

    --
    James M Driscoll Jr
    MCTS (Vista)

    "Newbie" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a few machines connected to an Airport Express device. Everything
    > was working fine but now there seems to be a problem
    >
    > When I try to ping my win2003 from any vista desktop machine using the IP
    > address it fails, but seems to ping my machines address.
    >

    > Ping 192.168.0.10
    >
    > Reply from 192.168.0.43: Destination host unreachable
    > Reply from 192.168.0.43: Destination host unreachable
    > Reply from 192.168.0.43: Destination host unreachable
    >

    > The (43) changes to be the IP address of the machine thats doing the
    > ping....
    >

    > Whats happening here ?????

+ Reply to Thread