Wireless needs wired - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless needs wired - Wireless ; About ½ of the time that I boot up my notebook and try to connect to the wireless network I get the message “No wireless networks were found in range”. The rest of the time it finds several networks and ...

  1. Wireless needs wired

    About ½ of the time that I boot up my notebook and try to connect to the
    wireless network I get the message “No wireless networks were found in
    range”. The rest of the time it finds several networks and connects to my
    network with no trouble. At the times it is not working, all I have to do is
    plug a CAT5 in an as soon as I have a wired connection the wireless starts
    working. I can then unplug the wired connection and continue with the
    wireless. I have never of this sort of problem before, as any one else?

  2. Re: Wireless needs wired

    Phoenixfif wrote:
    > About ½ of the time that I boot up my notebook and try to connect to the
    > wireless network I get the message “No wireless networks were found in
    > range”. The rest of the time it finds several networks and connects to my
    > network with no trouble. At the times it is not working, all I have todo is
    > plug a CAT5 in an as soon as I have a wired connection the wireless starts
    > working. I can then unplug the wired connection and continue with the
    > wireless. I have never of this sort of problem before, as any one else?

    Do you have Vista or XP? What adapter model? Never have seen this.

    --PA

  3. Re: Wireless needs wired

    On Aug 13, 3:50*am, Phoenixfif
    wrote:
    > About of the time that I boot up my notebook and try to connect to the
    > wireless network I get the message No wireless networks were found in
    > range. *The rest of the time it finds several networks and connects to my
    > network with no trouble. *At the times it is not working, all I have todo is
    > plug a CAT5 in an as soon as I have a wired connection the wireless starts
    > working. *I can then unplug the wired connection and continue with the
    > wireless. *I have never of this sort of problem before, as any one else?

    What Internet security software are you running? I know that Norton
    Internet Security, or 360, has an included firewall that you may have
    to mark the wireless network SSID as a "trusted" / "shared" network.

+ Reply to Thread