Wireless printing XP to Vista - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless printing XP to Vista - Wireless ; I have a desktop Vista computer wireconected to a wireless router. This computer is also wired to a printer. I have a laptop XP that has access to the internet wirelessly. I have set the Vista printer to be shared ...

  1. Wireless printing XP to Vista

    I have a desktop Vista computer wireconected to a wireless router.
    This computer is also wired to a printer.
    I have a laptop XP that has access to the internet wirelessly.
    I have set the Vista printer to be shared and the files.
    I have downloaded the LLTD on the XP laptop.
    The XP laptop does not recognize the printer.
    Both units are in the same workgroup.
    What am I missing?

  2. Re: Wireless printing XP to Vista

    It sounds like you haven't added the new printer (which is a network
    printer) to the laptop. You have to go to "Add a Printer" in Control Panel,
    and then go through the add printer process for a network printer. Make sure
    your laptop is connected to your network when you do this.

    "XP Printer" Printer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a desktop Vista computer wireconected to a wireless router.
    > This computer is also wired to a printer.
    > I have a laptop XP that has access to the internet wirelessly.
    > I have set the Vista printer to be shared and the files.
    > I have downloaded the LLTD on the XP laptop.
    > The XP laptop does not recognize the printer.
    > Both units are in the same workgroup.
    > What am I missing?

+ Reply to Thread