Client for Microsoft Networks - Wireless

This is a discussion on Client for Microsoft Networks - Wireless ; I accidently deleted Client for Microsoft Networks. How do I reinstall? -- Ernie...

  1. Client for Microsoft Networks

    I accidently deleted Client for Microsoft Networks. How do I reinstall?
    --
    Ernie

  2. Re: Client for Microsoft Networks

    Properties of the Network Connection
    Click the "Install" button
    Choose the MN Client.

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    "Ernie" wrote in message
    >I accidently deleted Client for Microsoft Networks. How do I reinstall?
    > --
    > Ernie

  3. Re: Client for Microsoft Networks

    I have tried your directions. It could not find the file on my computer so I
    put the Windows XP Professional install disk in my drive and it said it still
    could not find the files to reinstall the client.
    --
    Ernie

    "Phillip Windell" wrote:

    > Properties of the Network Connection
    > Click the "Install" button
    > Choose the MN Client.
    >
    > --
    > Phillip Windell
    > www.wandtv.com
    >
    > The views expressed, are my own and not those of my employer, or Microsoft,
    > "Ernie" wrote in message
    > >I accidently deleted Client for Microsoft Networks. How do I reinstall?
    > > --
    > > Ernie

  4. Re: Client for Microsoft Networks

    You may have to actually "browse" and point it to the correct location on
    the CD. The CD Drive's drive letter may not be the same as it was during
    the original install.

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    "Ernie" wrote in message
    >I have tried your directions. It could not find the file on my computer so
    > put the Windows XP Professional install disk in my drive and it said it
    > still
    > could not find the files to reinstall the client.
    > --
    > Ernie
    >

    > "Phillip Windell" wrote:
    >
    >> Properties of the Network Connection
    >> Click the "Install" button
    >> Choose the MN Client.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Phillip Windell
    >> www.wandtv.com
    >>
    >> The views expressed, are my own and not those of my employer, or
    >> Microsoft,
    >> or anyone else associated with me, including my cats.
    >> "Ernie" wrote in message
    >> >I accidently deleted Client for Microsoft Networks. How do I reinstall?
    >> > --
    >> > Ernie

  5. Re: Client for Microsoft Networks

    Ernie wrote:
    > I have tried your directions. It could not find the file on my computer so I
    > put the Windows XP Professional install disk in my drive and it said it still
    > could not find the files to reinstall the client.

    The file you're looking for may be on the CD (or on your hard drive in a
    ....\i386 directory) in compressed form. Search for the name of the file
    using a wildcard for the filetype suffix. For example, search for
    netshell.* You should find it as (for this example) as netshell.dl_
    Then use the "expand" command from a command prompt to expand the file.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888017/en-us

    AFAIK, "Client for MS Networks" uses the following DLL files:

    C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\WSHNETBS.DLL
    C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\RSAENH.DLL
    C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\MSWSOCK.DLL
    C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\WIN32SPL.DLL