Linking computers via router - Wireless

This is a discussion on Linking computers via router - Wireless ; Desktop with XP SP2 connected by cable to wireless router Laptop with Vista Home premium connected wirelessly to router Both connect to internet OK How do I get the two computers to connect to each other? Any help gratefully accepted! ...

  1. Linking computers via router

    Desktop with XP SP2 connected by cable to wireless router
    Laptop with Vista Home premium connected wirelessly to router
    Both connect to internet OK
    How do I get the two computers to connect to each other?

    Any help gratefully accepted!

    Thanks

  2. Re: Linking computers via router

    Dave S. wrote:
    > Desktop with XP SP2 connected by cable to wireless router
    > Laptop with Vista Home premium connected wirelessly to router
    > Both connect to internet OK
    > How do I get the two computers to connect to each other?
    >
    > Any help gratefully accepted!
    >
    > Thanks

    You've done half the work by getting them both to connect through a
    wireless router. For the other half, see these links:

    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/...rking_tips.htm
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Windows XP File Sharing -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP

  3. Re: Linking computers via router

    I shall go away and read, and then have another go.

    Thanks for your help
    Dave S.

    \