no LAN connection after resume from hibernate or standby... - Wireless

This is a discussion on no LAN connection after resume from hibernate or standby... - Wireless ; I've been Googling on it but, still don't really no where to start. Asrock ALivNF6P motherboard with LAN, and after it goes to standby or hibernate, LAN connection doesn't recover, just flashes at you in the system tray, and have ...

  1. no LAN connection after resume from hibernate or standby...

    I've been Googling on it but, still don't really no where to start.
    Asrock ALivNF6P motherboard with LAN, and after it goes to standby or
    hibernate,
    LAN connection doesn't recover, just flashes at you in the system tray, and
    have to reboot to get it back.
    The owner has a Linksys WAG354G, (same as mine btw!).
    I've gone into Device Manager and removed the tick for "Allow Windows to
    Switch of this device to save power," for the LAN chip.

    any pointers gratefully received.

    regards, Richard

  2. Re: no LAN connection after resume from hibernate or standby...

    Is it Vista? Have you checked if there is a new driver for the NIC?

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    "RJK" wrote in message
    > I've been Googling on it but, still don't really no where to start.
    > Asrock ALivNF6P motherboard with LAN, and after it goes to standby or
    > hibernate,
    > LAN connection doesn't recover, just flashes at you in the system tray,
    > and have to reboot to get it back.
    > The owner has a Linksys WAG354G, (same as mine btw!).
    > I've gone into Device Manager and removed the tick for "Allow Windows to
    > Switch of this device to save power," for the LAN chip.
    >
    > any pointers gratefully received.
    >
    > regards, Richard

  3. Re: no LAN connection after resume from hibernate or standby...

    Hi
    In the connection properties click on the Configuration of the Card and see
    if there is Power saving setting there as well.
    http://www.ezlan.net/example/powersave.jpg
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    "RJK" wrote in message
    > I've been Googling on it but, still don't really no where to start.
    > Asrock ALivNF6P motherboard with LAN, and after it goes to standby or
    > hibernate,
    > LAN connection doesn't recover, just flashes at you in the system tray,
    > and have to reboot to get it back.
    > The owner has a Linksys WAG354G, (same as mine btw!).
    > I've gone into Device Manager and removed the tick for "Allow Windows to
    > Switch of this device to save power," for the LAN chip.
    >
    > any pointers gratefully received.
    >
    > regards, Richard

  4. Re: no LAN connection after resume from hibernate or standby...

    I'm on another ALiveNF6P at home, ...and your right - there is another
    setting in the LAN connection Properties, ...he'll be SO pleased when I tell
    him tommorow,
    ....HUGE thanks.

    regards, Richard

    > Hi
    > In the connection properties click on the Configuration of the Card and
    > see if there is Power saving setting there as well.
    > http://www.ezlan.net/example/powersave.jpg
    > Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)
    >
    > "RJK" wrote in message
    >> I've been Googling on it but, still don't really no where to start.
    >> Asrock ALivNF6P motherboard with LAN, and after it goes to standby or
    >> hibernate,
    >> LAN connection doesn't recover, just flashes at you in the system tray,
    >> and have to reboot to get it back.
    >> The owner has a Linksys WAG354G, (same as mine btw!).
    >> I've gone into Device Manager and removed the tick for "Allow Windows to
    >> Switch of this device to save power," for the LAN chip.
    >>
    >> any pointers gratefully received.
    >>
    >> regards, Richard

  5. Re: no LAN connection after resume from hibernate or standby...

    Ooops, typical me, only telling half a story, tiz XP Home ed. on all
    machines,
    ....pretty sure Jack nailed it, i.e. 2nd "power Saving" stting, ...will know
    tommorrow.

    regards, Richard

    "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote in message
    > Is it Vista? Have you checked if there is a new driver for the NIC?
    >
    > --
    > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    > http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    > http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    > "RJK" wrote in message
    >> I've been Googling on it but, still don't really no where to start.
    >> Asrock ALivNF6P motherboard with LAN, and after it goes to standby or
    >> hibernate,
    >> LAN connection doesn't recover, just flashes at you in the system tray,
    >> and have to reboot to get it back.
    >> The owner has a Linksys WAG354G, (same as mine btw!).
    >> I've gone into Device Manager and removed the tick for "Allow Windows to
    >> Switch of this device to save power," for the LAN chip.
    >>
    >> any pointers gratefully received.
    >>
    >> regards, Richard

  6. Re: no LAN connection after resume from hibernate or standby...

    mmm, ...how'd I suddenly become "Eulsive" ?
    ....have edited account, sorry about that !

    regards, Richard

    "Elusive" wrote in message
    > I'm on another ALiveNF6P at home, ...and your right - there is another
    > setting in the LAN connection Properties, ...he'll be SO pleased when I
    > tell him tommorow,
    > ...HUGE thanks.
    >
    > regards, Richard
    >

    > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >> In the connection properties click on the Configuration of the Card and
    >> see if there is Power saving setting there as well.
    >> http://www.ezlan.net/example/powersave.jpg
    >> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)
    >>
    >> "RJK" wrote in message
    >>> I've been Googling on it but, still don't really no where to start.
    >>> Asrock ALivNF6P motherboard with LAN, and after it goes to standby or
    >>> hibernate,
    >>> LAN connection doesn't recover, just flashes at you in the system tray,
    >>> and have to reboot to get it back.
    >>> The owner has a Linksys WAG354G, (same as mine btw!).
    >>> I've gone into Device Manager and removed the tick for "Allow Windows to
    >>> Switch of this device to save power," for the LAN chip.
    >>>
    >>> any pointers gratefully received.
    >>>
    >>> regards, Richard

  7. Re: no LAN connection after resume from hibernate or standby...

    ....apologies about that, ..who's been on this blooming machine ? !!!

    regards, Richard

    "Elusive" wrote in message
    > Ooops, typical me, only telling half a story, tiz XP Home ed. on all
    > machines,
    > ...pretty sure Jack nailed it, i.e. 2nd "power Saving" stting, ...will
    > know tommorrow.
    >
    > regards, Richard
    >

    > "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote in message
    >> Is it Vista? Have you checked if there is a new driver for the NIC?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    >> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    >> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    >> "RJK" wrote in message
    >>> I've been Googling on it but, still don't really no where to start.
    >>> Asrock ALivNF6P motherboard with LAN, and after it goes to standby or
    >>> hibernate,
    >>> LAN connection doesn't recover, just flashes at you in the system tray,
    >>> and have to reboot to get it back.
    >>> The owner has a Linksys WAG354G, (same as mine btw!).
    >>> I've gone into Device Manager and removed the tick for "Allow Windows to
    >>> Switch of this device to save power," for the LAN chip.
    >>>
    >>> any pointers gratefully received.
    >>>
    >>> regards, Richard

+ Reply to Thread