Home network won't work - Wireless

This is a discussion on Home network won't work - Wireless ; Hi, I have to computers both with XP pro. I wireless internet on both and have set up a home network so both computers can share files and a printer. I have a folder that I have set up to ...

  1. Home network won't work

    Hi,
    I have to computers both with XP pro.
    I wireless internet on both and have set up a home network so both computers
    can share files and a printer.
    I have a folder that I have set up to share with other computer, however
    when I try to access the folder from the other computer I am told that i do
    not have permission and should contact the administrator.
    Can anyone help.
    Thanks

  2. Re: Home network won't work

    Have you set permission in Security tab? Or this search result may help.
    Access issues
    "computername is not accessible. No permission to access the
    resources" ... Message: "....is not accessible. You may not have permission
    to use this network ...
    www.chicagotech.net/accesserrors.htm

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    "Chas" Spam@bt.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have to computers both with XP pro.
    > I wireless internet on both and have set up a home network so both
    > computers can share files and a printer.
    > I have a folder that I have set up to share with other computer, however
    > when I try to access the folder from the other computer I am told that i
    > do not have permission and should contact the administrator.
    > Can anyone help.
    > Thanks

  3. Re: Home network won't work

    Hi