bluetooth - Wireless

This is a discussion on bluetooth - Wireless ; i think i must have deleted bluetooth from my computer as it does not show up in the device manager. can this be downloaded to re-install it please? -- jim...

  1. bluetooth

    --
    jim

  2. Re: bluetooth

    "jim" wrote in message

    > i think i must have deleted bluetooth from my computer as it does not show

    up
    > in the device manager. can this be downloaded to re-install it please?

    PC Bluetooth is first a physical device, which ought to show
    up in your Control Panel / Device Manager. Step no. 1 is
    the software to run it i.e. to connect another Bluetooth
    device (e.g. audio player or video recorder) to the PC.
    First find out what Bluetooth circuitry you have. (Look in
    the Device Manager for a 1394 network adapter or 1394 host.)
    Then download the latest drivers to operate it.

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs

  3. Re: bluetooth

    1394 is not bluetooth,...it is firewire.

    Bluetooth functionality is native within Vista but is added with third-party
    products in XP.

    If it is XP then reinstall the software that came with the Bluetooth
    wireless adapter along with the device's driver.

    If Vista then reinstall the driver for the bluetooth device,...but the
    bluetooth functionality itself should already be there in Vista

    I stand corrected if there is more to it than that, but I think that is all
    you are dealing with.

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    "Don Phillipson" wrote in message
    > "jim" wrote in message
    >
    >> i think i must have deleted bluetooth from my computer as it does not
    >> show

    > up
    >> in the device manager. can this be downloaded to re-install it please?

    > PC Bluetooth is first a physical device, which ought to show
    > up in your Control Panel / Device Manager. Step no. 1 is
    > the software to run it i.e. to connect another Bluetooth
    > device (e.g. audio player or video recorder) to the PC.
    > First find out what Bluetooth circuitry you have. (Look in
    > the Device Manager for a 1394 network adapter or 1394 host.)
    > Then download the latest drivers to operate it.
    >
    > --
    > Don Phillipson
    > Carlsbad Springs
    > (Ottawa, Canada)

  4. Re: bluetooth

    On Aug 4, 5:57*pm, "Phillip Windell" wrote:
    > 1394 is not bluetooth,...it is firewire.
    >
    > Bluetooth functionality is native within Vista but is added with third-party
    > products in XP.
    >
    > If it is XP then reinstall the software that came with the Bluetooth
    > wireless adapter along with the device's driver.
    >
    > If Vista then reinstall the driver for the bluetooth device,...but the
    > bluetooth functionality itself should already be there in Vista
    >
    > I stand corrected if there is more to it than that, but I think that is all
    > you are dealing with.
    >
    > --
    > Phillip Windellwww.wandtv.com
    >
    > The views expressed, are my own and not those of my employer, or Microsoft,
    >
    > "Don Phillipson" wrote in message

    > > "jim" wrote in message

    > >> i think i must have deleted bluetooth from my computer as it does not
    > >> show

    > > up
    > >> in the device manager. can this be downloaded to re-install it please?

    > > PC Bluetooth is first a physical device, which ought to show
    > > up in your Control Panel / Device Manager. *Step no. 1 is
    > > the software to run it i.e. to connect another Bluetooth
    > > device (e.g. audio player or video recorder) to the PC.
    > > First find out what Bluetooth circuitry you have. *(Look in
    > > the Device Manager for a 1394 network adapter or 1394 host.)
    > > Then download the latest drivers to operate it.

    > > --
    > > Don Phillipson
    > > Carlsbad Springs
    > > (Ottawa, Canada)

    Microsoft's Bluetooth protocol stack is native in XP when Service Pack
    2 is installed. However, Microsoft's Bluetooth functionality is very
    limited, so most people tend to install any available, compatible
    third party Bluetooth software.

  5. Re: bluetooth

    "Phillip Windell" wrote in message

    > 1394 is not bluetooth,...it is firewire.

    Aargh -- brain fart . . .
    DP

  6. Re: bluetooth

    jim wrote:
    > i think i must have deleted bluetooth from my computer as it does not show up
    > in the device manager. can this be downloaded to re-install it please?

    On many laptops BT is internally connected to USB. When switched
    off, it simply disappears from device manager.
    So maybe you simply switched it off. Look for a switch on your laptop,
    or some Fn key.

    --PA

  7. Re: bluetooth

    Ok,
    thanks..

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    "smlunatick" wrote in message

    Microsoft's Bluetooth protocol stack is native in XP when Service Pack
    2 is installed. However, Microsoft's Bluetooth functionality is very
    limited, so most people tend to install any available, compatible
    third party Bluetooth software.

  8. Re: bluetooth

    No problem,
    I was thinking it might be that anyway :-)

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    ..mspx
    > "Phillip Windell" wrote in message
    >
    >> 1394 is not bluetooth,...it is firewire.

    > Aargh -- brain fart . . .
    > DP

  9. Re: bluetooth

    thank you one and all for your help
    --
    jim

    "Pavel A." wrote:

    > jim wrote:
    > > i think i must have deleted bluetooth from my computer as it does not show up
    > > in the device manager. can this be downloaded to re-install it please?

    > On many laptops BT is internally connected to USB. When switched
    > off, it simply disappears from device manager.
    > So maybe you simply switched it off. Look for a switch on your laptop,
    > or some Fn key.
    >
    > --PA

+ Reply to Thread