Problems with Belkin Wireless N router - Wireless

This is a discussion on Problems with Belkin Wireless N router - Wireless ; Specifically the F5D8233-4 model. I have Comcast Hi speed 16 mbps and it's been checked to be working fine. I have four computers connected to this router. Two are wireless, two are connected directly to the router. Two wireless PC ...

  1. Problems with Belkin Wireless N router

    Specifically the F5D8233-4 model.

    I have Comcast Hi speed 16 mbps and it's been checked to be working
    fine.

    I have four computers connected to this router. Two are wireless, two
    are connected directly to the router.

    Two wireless PC laptops (running Win XP) top out at only around 6.5-9
    mbps download speed when pinging to speedtest.org. The location is <50
    miles. However, upload speed is consistent with a hi speed connection,
    around 2.5-3 mbps.

    The two wired desktops are offering varied results. A PowerMac G5 is
    the only one downloading at the full speed (18-22 mbps). Upload speed
    is consistent (2.5-3 mbps).
    The PC desktop (older Dell XPS P3 chip), running Kubuntu, tops out
    between 8-9 mbps download and 2-2.5 mbps upload.

    I have been in contact with customer support and all their tweaks and
    firmware updates to the setting have not helped. They suggest sending
    it back, yet, on one computer, the router seems to work as it should.

    I'm at a loss to explain how the Dell and the Apple, which are
    directly connected, could be getting such different results.

  2. Re: Problems with Belkin Wireless N router

    On Aug 2, 2:59*pm, Meet_David_Black wrote:
    > Specifically the F5D8233-4 model.
    >
    > I have Comcast Hi speed 16 mbps and it's been checked to be working
    > fine.
    >
    > I have four computers connected to this router. Two are wireless, two
    > are connected directly to the router.
    >
    > Two wireless PC laptops (running Win XP) top out at only around 6.5-9
    > mbps download speed when pinging to speedtest.org. The location is <50
    > miles. However, upload speed is consistent with a hi speed connection,
    > around 2.5-3 mbps.
    >
    > The two wired desktops are offering varied results. A PowerMac G5 is
    > the only one downloading at the full speed (18-22 mbps). Upload speed
    > is consistent (2.5-3 mbps).
    > The PC desktop (older Dell XPS P3 chip), running Kubuntu, tops out
    > between 8-9 mbps download and 2-2.5 mbps upload.
    >
    > I have been in contact with customer support and all their tweaks and
    > firmware updates to the setting have not helped. They suggest sending
    > it back, yet, on one computer, the router seems to work as it should.
    >
    > I'm at a loss to explain how the Dell and the Apple, which are
    > directly connected, could be getting such different results.

    Check the laptops that are not working correctly. You can try by
    removing some network modules (like QoS if the router does not offer
    this service.)

+ Reply to Thread