printing question - Wireless

This is a discussion on printing question - Wireless ; Hi, I have 2 laptops, one of them is connected to a printer. The printer is shared with my other laptop that connects to it wirelessly. What I would like to know is that is it possible to get print ...

  1. printing question

    Hi, I have 2 laptops, one of them is connected to a printer. The
    printer is shared with my other laptop that connects to it wirelessly.
    What I would like to know is that is it possible to get print offs from
    a PDA (hp4700) that I own. Looked at the print set config. on the PDA
    but wasn't sure what I should type in (assuming it was possible). Any
    help would be appreciated.

    Thanks

    Des

  2. RE: printing question

    IF - your options /instructions to your PDA (hp4700) allows you to print
    from that device, then print setup would be simalar to a pc setup, but see
    directions for the PDA first. Another option would be to go to the website of
    the device and look for your PDA device and find a list of options that it
    has.
    .................................................. .....
    I took it a step further and went to the hp site and even though I did not
    find your exact device , here is a list of how you may be able to complete
    your print setup
    IF YOURS HAS THE OPTIONS BELOW
    .................................................. .

    Introduction
    This document contains information about connecting to and printing photos
    from a Personal Digital Assistant (PDA). You can print photos from a PDA
    using an HP bt300 or HP bt400 series Bluetooth(R) Wireless Printer Adapter
    (HP Bluetooth adapter). Depending on the configuration of your computer,
    there are two procedures for printing from a PDA. Follow the procedure that
    is appropriate for you.
    Connect and print from a Windows computer that has Microsoft XP, with
    Service Pack 2 installed
    Connect and print from an HP computer with Bluetooth built in, or from a
    computer that already has an HP Bluetooth adapter installed
    This document applies to the following products:
    3207, 3210, 3210a, 3210v, 3210xi, 3213, 3214
    3308, 3310, 3310v, 3310xi, 3313, 3314
    C5140, C5150, C5170, C5173, C5175, C5177, C5180, C5183, C5185, C5188, C5190,
    C5194
    Connect and print from a Windows computer that has Microsoft XP, with
    Service Pack 2 installed
    Verify that the HP All-in-One software is installed on the computer.
    NOTE: The purpose of installing the software is to make sure the print
    driver is available for the Bluetooth connection. Therefore, if you have
    already installed the software, you do not need to reinstall it. If you want
    both a USB and a Bluetooth connection to your HP All-in-One, install the USB
    connection first. However, if you do not want a USB connection, select
    Directly to the computer on the Connection Type screen. Also, on the Connect
    Your Device Now screen, select the check box next to If you are unable to
    connect your device now... at the bottom of the screen.

    Attach an HP Bluetooth adapter to the front USB port.
    If you are using an external Bluetooth adapter for your computer, make sure
    your computer is started and then attach the Bluetooth adapter to a USB port
    on the computer. If you have Windows XP with Service Pack 2 installed, the
    Bluetooth drivers are installed automatically. If you are prompted to select
    a Bluetooth profile, select HCRP . If your computer has Bluetooth built in,
    just make sure the computer is started.
    On the Windows taskbar, click Start , and then click Printers and Faxes .
    Double-click the Add Printer icon.
    Click Next , and then select A Bluetooth Printer .
    Follow the onscreen instructions to finish the installation.
    Print as you would to any printer.
    Connect and print from an HP computer with Bluetooth built in, or from a
    computer that already has an HP Bluetooth adapter installed
    Verify that the HP All-in-One software is installed on the computer.
    NOTE: The purpose of installing the software is to make sure the print
    driver is available for the Bluetooth connection. Therefore, if you have
    already installed the software, you do not need to reinstall it. If you want
    both a USB and a Bluetooth connection to your HP All-in-One, install the USB
    connection first. However, if you do not want a USB connection, select
    Directly to the computer on the Connection Type screen. Also, on the Connect
    Your Device Now screen, select the check box next to If you are unable to
    connect your device now... at the bottom of the screen.

    Attach an HP Bluetooth adapter to the front USB port.
    Click the My Bluetooth Places icon on the desktop or in the taskbar.
    Click View devices in range .
    Once the available printers are discovered, double-click the name of the HP
    All-in-One to finish the installation.
    Print as you would to any printer
    --
    Thanks
    Tammy Mandalke

    "Person" wrote:

    > Hi, I have 2 laptops, one of them is connected to a printer. The
    > printer is shared with my other laptop that connects to it wirelessly.
    > What I would like to know is that is it possible to get print offs from
    > a PDA (hp4700) that I own. Looked at the print set config. on the PDA
    > but wasn't sure what I should type in (assuming it was possible). Any
    > help would be appreciated.
    >

    > Thanks
    >
    > Des

  3. Re: printing question

    In message <12CA2E89-9CAC-44AC-AAB8-1D5341B6F3AB@microsoft.com>, Tammy
    writes
    >IF - your options /instructions to your PDA (hp4700) allows you to print
    >from that device, then print setup would be simalar to a pc setup, but see
    >directions for the PDA first. Another option would be to go to the website of
    >the device and look for your PDA device and find a list of options that it
    >has.
    >.................................................. ....
    >I took it a step further and went to the hp site and even though I did not
    >find your exact device , here is a list of how you may be able to complete
    >your print setup
    > IF YOURS HAS THE OPTIONS BELOW
    >
    >Introduction
    >This document contains information about connecting to and printing photos
    >from a Personal Digital Assistant (PDA). You can print photos from a PDA
    >using an HP bt300 or HP bt400 series Bluetooth(R) Wireless Printer Adapter
    >(HP Bluetooth adapter). Depending on the configuration of your computer,
    >there are two procedures for printing from a PDA. Follow the procedure that
    >is appropriate for you.

    Hi, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately my printer does not have
    Bluetooth although the laptop has. My printer is a hp LaserJet 4 plus.
    Tried setting the PDA (hp4700) printer settings but not sure what needs
    to be added in the 'address' field there is an example shown below the
    address field (e.g., 10.0.0.5, \\server\printer). Tried putting in what
    I thought may the correct numbers but hasn't worked. This is where I
    could use your assistance.

    thank you
> [...]
    > NOTE: The purpose of installing the software is to make sure the print
    >driver is available for the Bluetooth connection. Therefore, if you have
    >already installed the software, you do not need to reinstall it. If you want
    >both a USB and a Bluetooth connection to your HP All-in-One, install the USB
    >connection first. However, if you do not want a USB connection, select
    >Directly to the computer on the Connection Type screen. Also, on the Connect
    >Your Device Now screen, select the check box next to If you are unable to
    >connect your device now... at the bottom of the screen.
    >
    >Attach an HP Bluetooth adapter to the front USB port.
    >Click the My Bluetooth Places icon on the desktop or in the taskbar.
    >Click View devices in range .
    >Once the available printers are discovered, double-click the name of the HP

  4. Re: printing question

    I would say -
    In your regular computer that the main printer is attached to...
    Go to printers and faxes and choose to share your printer first.
    If your printer is a network printer with an ip address then the answer to
    your pda would be to - Add a printer- a local printer- create a port -
    standar TCP port- then enter the ip address of your printer there - ie
    example 192.168.111.111
    ------------------------
    If your printer is NOT a network printer - then just share your printer in
    your computer. Then create a network place for printers and file sharing.
    Once that is complete, Then you should be able to go to your pda and either
    search the network and/ or add a printer etc; depending on your type of setup
    from the above information - IP / or a shared printer

    Tammy
    Hi, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately my printer does not have
    Bluetooth although the laptop has. My printer is a hp LaserJet 4 plus.
    Tried setting the PDA (hp4700) printer settings but not sure what needs
    to be added in the 'address' field there is an example shown below the
    address field (e.g., 10.0.0.5, \\server\printer). Tried putting in what
    I thought may the correct numbers but hasn't worked. This is where I
    could use your assistance.

+ Reply to Thread