Service Pack 2 - Wireless

This is a discussion on Service Pack 2 - Wireless ; I downloaded service pack 2 for windows xp and now I cant connect to my work destop from home. It doesn't respond when I click Run: Ip Address...

  1. Service Pack 2

    I downloaded service pack 2 for windows xp and now I cant connect to my work
    destop from home. It doesn't respond when I click Run: Ip Address

  2. Re: Service Pack 2

    "Texan" wrote in message
    news06D9D1B-1B8E-4F79-8506-F00ED0CED42B@microsoft.com...
    > I downloaded service pack 2 for windows xp and now I cant connect to my
    > work
    > destop from home. It doesn't respond when I click Run: Ip Address

    1. It's too late for SP2. Get SP3.
    2. Type \\ (two backslashes) before the ip address.

    --PA

  3. Re: Service Pack 2

    On Jul 26, 10:26*pm, "Pavel A." wrote:
    > "Texan" wrote in message
    >
    > news06D9D1B-1B8E-4F79-8506-F00ED0CED42B@microsoft.com...
    >
    > > I downloaded service pack 2 for windows xp and now I cant connect to my
    > > work
    > > destop from home. *It doesn't respond when I click Run: Ip Address

    > 1. It's too late for SP2. Get SP3.
    > 2. Type *\\ (two backslashes) before the ip address.
    >
    > --PA

    If the OP does not want SP3, they will need to

    --- Redo wireless network settings in Wireless Zero Configuration
    (WZC)

    -- Download the separate WPA2 update for SP2 -- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893357

+ Reply to Thread