Wireless switch - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless switch - Wireless ; Can anyone recommend a low cost wireless switch? Is there a way to turn a wireless router into a switch so it just passes through IP addresses from a server instead of assigning its own? Thanks for any ideas/suggestions! David...

  1. Wireless switch

    Can anyone recommend a low cost wireless switch?

    Is there a way to turn a wireless router into a switch so it just passes
    through IP addresses from a server instead of assigning its own?

    Thanks for any ideas/suggestions!

    David

  2. Re: Wireless switch

    Hi
    Yeah it is possible here is the principle.
    Wireless Router as a Switch with an Access Point -
    http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "David Gondek" wrote in message
    > Can anyone recommend a low cost wireless switch?
    >
    > Is there a way to turn a wireless router into a switch so it just passes
    > through IP addresses from a server instead of assigning its own?
    >
    > Thanks for any ideas/suggestions!
    >
    > David

  3. Re: Wireless switch

    Most wireless router can be wireless switch too. This how to may help.

    How to setup Wireless router as a switch
    http://www.wifimvp.com/howto/setupwirelessasrouter.htm

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    "David Gondek" wrote in message
    > Can anyone recommend a low cost wireless switch?
    >
    > Is there a way to turn a wireless router into a switch so it just passes
    > through IP addresses from a server instead of assigning its own?
    >
    > Thanks for any ideas/suggestions!
    >
    > David

  4. Re: Wireless switch

    Thanks Jack. This seems like what I need to do. I will try it next week.

    > Hi
    > Yeah it is possible here is the principle.
    > Wireless Router as a Switch with an Access Point -
    > http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "David Gondek" wrote in message
    >> Can anyone recommend a low cost wireless switch?
    >>
    >> Is there a way to turn a wireless router into a switch so it just passes
    >> through IP addresses from a server instead of assigning its own?
    >>
    >> Thanks for any ideas/suggestions!
    >>
    >> David

  5. Re: Wireless switch

    Bob,

    Can you connect more than one computer wirelessly using this method? Will
    each computer receive a different IP from the server or from the router?

    Thanks.

    "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote in message
    > Most wireless router can be wireless switch too. This how to may help.
    >
    > How to setup Wireless router as a switch
    > http://www.wifimvp.com/howto/setupwirelessasrouter.htm
    >
    > --
    > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    > http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    > http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    > "David Gondek" wrote in message
    >> Can anyone recommend a low cost wireless switch?
    >>
    >> Is there a way to turn a wireless router into a switch so it just passes
    >> through IP addresses from a server instead of assigning its own?
    >>
    >> Thanks for any ideas/suggestions!
    >>
    >> David

  6. Re: Wireless switch

    Sure.

    --
    > Bob,
    >
    > Can you connect more than one computer wirelessly using this method? Will
    > each computer receive a different IP from the server or from the router?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote in message
    >> Most wireless router can be wireless switch too. This how to may help.
    >>
    >> How to setup Wireless router as a switch
    >> http://www.wifimvp.com/howto/setupwirelessasrouter.htm
    >>
    >> --
    >> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    >> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    >> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    >> "David Gondek" wrote in message
    >>> Can anyone recommend a low cost wireless switch?
    >>>
    >>> Is there a way to turn a wireless router into a switch so it just passes
    >>> through IP addresses from a server instead of assigning its own?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for any ideas/suggestions!
    >>>
    >>> David

+ Reply to Thread