So maybe they scan different bands ( B/G or A ),
or channel sets. The latter can be enforced by the netcard vendor.

If Computer 1 runs a wireless utility of the netcard vendor, it may
disable WZC, this can explain why it does not see other routers.

Regards,
--PA

(followback to microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless)