share printer wireless with different OS - Wireless

This is a discussion on share printer wireless with different OS - Wireless ; The printer is connected to PC1, a desktop with *win2k professional" and there is no problem in printing. PC2 is also a desktop with 'Vista Home" and PC3 is a labtop with 'xp home" All the 3 pc can go ...

  1. share printer wireless with different OS

    The printer is connected to PC1, a desktop with *win2k professional" and
    there is no problem in printing. PC2 is also a desktop with 'Vista Home" and
    PC3 is a labtop with 'xp home" All the 3 pc can go internet wireless . When I
    try to set up sharing the printer, it says that if I want to shared this
    printer with different OS, I need to install the drivers and give a dialogue
    box with details such as

    alpha windows NT3.1

    intel windows NT 3.1
    NT 3.5 OR 3.51
    mips NT 3.1
    NT 3.5 or 3,51
    NT 4.0
    power pc windows NT 3.51
    NT4
    (there may be some errors in describing the details)
    There are check boxes for you to tick and Windows 2000 is already tick.

    Now am I suppose to check the appropriate boxes for VISTA and XP? If so
    which one or am I suppose to load the drivers (Xp and Vista) for the printer
    in PC1?

    Kindly please advice as I need to be able to print wirelessly from PC2 and
    PC3 as they are all in different rooms. Many thanks.

  2. Re: share printer wireless with different OS

    Download the drivers for XP and Vista (if one exists) from the manufacturer.
    Install the XP driver on the XP machine as a LOCAL printer, uncheck Auto
    detect... Then after the driver is installed, change the port to
    \\computername\printersharename Do the same on the Vista machine with the
    Vista driver.
    --

    "quitono" wrote in message
    > The printer is connected to PC1, a desktop with *win2k professional" and
    > there is no problem in printing. PC2 is also a desktop with 'Vista Home"
    > and
    > PC3 is a labtop with 'xp home" All the 3 pc can go internet wireless .
    > When I
    > try to set up sharing the printer, it says that if I want to shared this
    > printer with different OS, I need to install the drivers and give a
    > dialogue
    > box with details such as
    >
    > alpha windows NT3.1
    >
    > intel windows NT 3.1
    > NT 3.5 OR 3.51
    > mips NT 3.1
    > NT 3.5 or 3,51
    > NT 4.0
    > power pc windows NT 3.51
    > NT4
    > (there may be some errors in describing the details)
    > There are check boxes for you to tick and Windows 2000 is already tick.
    >
    > Now am I suppose to check the appropriate boxes for VISTA and XP? If so
    > which one or am I suppose to load the drivers (Xp and Vista) for the
    > printer
    > in PC1?
    >
    > Kindly please advice as I need to be able to print wirelessly from PC2 and
    > PC3 as they are all in different rooms. Many thanks.

  3. Re: share printer wireless with different OS

    I dl the epson cx4100 driver and install onto the Vista machine. During the
    installation it ask to make sure the printer is connected to the pc and turn
    on, which I choose manul instead. Next screen ask to choose the port
    LPT1/2/3
    COM1/2/3/4
    FILE (print to file)
    XPS

    so which one should I select or do I ADD Port/Config Port
    Please assist. FYI computer name is user-2d12345678 and the printershare
    name is epson (Manufacturer does not extend helpto installing network
    printer) Thanks

    "GTS" wrote:

    > Download the drivers for XP and Vista (if one exists) from the manufacturer.
    > Install the XP driver on the XP machine as a LOCAL printer, uncheck Auto
    > detect... Then after the driver is installed, change the port to
    > \\computername\printersharename Do the same on the Vista machine with the
    > Vista driver.
    > --
    >
    > "quitono" wrote in message
    > > The printer is connected to PC1, a desktop with *win2k professional" and
    > > there is no problem in printing. PC2 is also a desktop with 'Vista Home"
    > > and
    > > PC3 is a labtop with 'xp home" All the 3 pc can go internet wireless .
    > > When I
    > > try to set up sharing the printer, it says that if I want to shared this
    > > printer with different OS, I need to install the drivers and give a
    > > dialogue
    > > box with details such as
    > >
    > > alpha windows NT3.1
    > >
    > > intel windows NT 3.1
    > > NT 3.5 OR 3.51
    > > mips NT 3.1
    > > NT 3.5 or 3,51
    > > NT 4.0
    > > power pc windows NT 3.51
    > > NT4
    > > (there may be some errors in describing the details)
    > > There are check boxes for you to tick and Windows 2000 is already tick.
    > >
    > > Now am I suppose to check the appropriate boxes for VISTA and XP? If so
    > > which one or am I suppose to load the drivers (Xp and Vista) for the
    > > printer
    > > in PC1?
    > >
    > > Kindly please advice as I need to be able to print wirelessly from PC2 and
    > > PC3 as they are all in different rooms. Many thanks.

  4. Re: share printer wireless with different OS

    Ref my OP, do I just ignore the part where it ask me to install the
    driver(for other OS) and just click next, thanks

    "quitono" wrote:

    > I dl the epson cx4100 driver and install onto the Vista machine. During the
    > installation it ask to make sure the printer is connected to the pc and turn
    > on, which I choose manul instead. Next screen ask to choose the port
    > LPT1/2/3
    > COM1/2/3/4
    > FILE (print to file)
    > XPS
    >
    > so which one should I select or do I ADD Port/Config Port
    > Please assist. FYI computer name is user-2d12345678 and the printershare
    > name is epson (Manufacturer does not extend helpto installing network
    > printer) Thanks
    >
    > "GTS" wrote:
    >
    > > Download the drivers for XP and Vista (if one exists) from the manufacturer.
    > > Install the XP driver on the XP machine as a LOCAL printer, uncheck Auto
    > > detect... Then after the driver is installed, change the port to
    > > \\computername\printersharename Do the same on the Vista machine with the
    > > Vista driver.
    > > --
    > >
    > > "quitono" wrote in message
    > > > The printer is connected to PC1, a desktop with *win2k professional" and
    > > > there is no problem in printing. PC2 is also a desktop with 'Vista Home"
    > > > and
    > > > PC3 is a labtop with 'xp home" All the 3 pc can go internet wireless .
    > > > When I
    > > > try to set up sharing the printer, it says that if I want to shared this
    > > > printer with different OS, I need to install the drivers and give a
    > > > dialogue
    > > > box with details such as
    > > >
    > > > alpha windows NT3.1
    > > >
    > > > intel windows NT 3.1
    > > > NT 3.5 OR 3.51
    > > > mips NT 3.1
    > > > NT 3.5 or 3,51
    > > > NT 4.0
    > > > power pc windows NT 3.51
    > > > NT4
    > > > (there may be some errors in describing the details)
    > > > There are check boxes for you to tick and Windows 2000 is already tick.
    > > >
    > > > Now am I suppose to check the appropriate boxes for VISTA and XP? If so
    > > > which one or am I suppose to load the drivers (Xp and Vista) for the
    > > > printer
    > > > in PC1?
    > > >
    > > > Kindly please advice as I need to be able to print wirelessly from PC2 and
    > > > PC3 as they are all in different rooms. Many thanks.

  5. Re: share printer wireless with different OS

    It doesn't really matter which port you choose as you will be changing it as
    soon as the driver install completes. I generally sleet LPT1.
    --

    "quitono" wrote in message
    >I dl the epson cx4100 driver and install onto the Vista machine. During the
    > installation it ask to make sure the printer is connected to the pc and
    > turn
    > on, which I choose manul instead. Next screen ask to choose the port
    > LPT1/2/3
    > COM1/2/3/4
    > FILE (print to file)
    > XPS
    >
    > so which one should I select or do I ADD Port/Config Port
    > Please assist. FYI computer name is user-2d12345678 and the printershare
    > name is epson (Manufacturer does not extend helpto installing network
    > printer) Thanks
    >
    > "GTS" wrote:
    >
    >> Download the drivers for XP and Vista (if one exists) from the
    >> manufacturer.
    >> Install the XP driver on the XP machine as a LOCAL printer, uncheck
    >> Auto
    >> detect... Then after the driver is installed, change the port to
    >> \\computername\printersharename Do the same on the Vista machine with
    >> the
    >> Vista driver.
    >> --
    >>
    >> "quitono" wrote in message
    >> > The printer is connected to PC1, a desktop with *win2k professional"
    >> > and
    >> > there is no problem in printing. PC2 is also a desktop with 'Vista
    >> > Home"
    >> > and
    >> > PC3 is a labtop with 'xp home" All the 3 pc can go internet wireless .
    >> > When I
    >> > try to set up sharing the printer, it says that if I want to shared
    >> > this
    >> > printer with different OS, I need to install the drivers and give a
    >> > dialogue
    >> > box with details such as
    >> >
    >> > alpha windows NT3.1
    >> >
    >> > intel windows NT 3.1
    >> > NT 3.5 OR 3.51
    >> > mips NT 3.1
    >> > NT 3.5 or 3,51
    >> > NT 4.0
    >> > power pc windows NT 3.51
    >> > NT4
    >> > (there may be some errors in describing the details)
    >> > There are check boxes for you to tick and Windows 2000 is already tick.
    >> >
    >> > Now am I suppose to check the appropriate boxes for VISTA and XP? If so
    >> > which one or am I suppose to load the drivers (Xp and Vista) for the
    >> > printer
    >> > in PC1?
    >> >
    >> > Kindly please advice as I need to be able to print wirelessly from PC2
    >> > and
    >> > PC3 as they are all in different rooms. Many thanks.

  6. Re: share printer wireless with different OS

    I'm not sure what you're asking here. If you follow the instructions I gave
    you, this question shouldn't come up.
    --

    "quitono" wrote in message
    > Ref my OP, do I just ignore the part where it ask me to install the
    > driver(for other OS) and just click next, thanks
    >
    > "quitono" wrote:

  7. Re: share printer wireless with different OS

    After I add printer as local on my Vista LPT1 is check. Now how do I change
    the port? WhenI right click the printer>properties>lightlight LPT1 and try to
    'config port' - there's nothing to change. Can you show me steps wise,
    how/where do I change the path. Pardon my limited knowledge, thanks

    "GTS" wrote:

    > It doesn't really matter which port you choose as you will be changing it as
    > soon as the driver install completes. I generally sleet LPT1.
    > --
    >
    > "quitono" wrote in message
    > >I dl the epson cx4100 driver and install onto the Vista machine. During the
    > > installation it ask to make sure the printer is connected to the pc and
    > > turn
    > > on, which I choose manul instead. Next screen ask to choose the port
    > > LPT1/2/3
    > > COM1/2/3/4
    > > FILE (print to file)
    > > XPS
    > >
    > > so which one should I select or do I ADD Port/Config Port
    > > Please assist. FYI computer name is user-2d12345678 and the printershare
    > > name is epson (Manufacturer does not extend helpto installing network
    > > printer) Thanks
    > >
    > > "GTS" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Download the drivers for XP and Vista (if one exists) from the
    > >> manufacturer.
    > >> Install the XP driver on the XP machine as a LOCAL printer, uncheck
    > >> Auto
    > >> detect... Then after the driver is installed, change the port to
    > >> \\computername\printersharename Do the same on the Vista machine with
    > >> the
    > >> Vista driver.
    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> "quitono" wrote in message

  8. Re: share printer wireless with different OS

    Select the Ports tab. Click Add Port. Select Local Port. click Add New
    Port (or just double click Local Port). Enter the printer info as
    \\computername\printersharename and Click OK. OK again....
    --

    "quitono" wrote in message
    > After I add printer as local on my Vista LPT1 is check. Now how do I
    > change
    > the port? WhenI right click the printer>properties>lightlight LPT1 and try
    > 'config port' - there's nothing to change. Can you show me steps wise,
    > how/where do I change the path. Pardon my limited knowledge, thanks
    >

    > "GTS" wrote:
    >
    >> It doesn't really matter which port you choose as you will be changing it
    >> as
    >> soon as the driver install completes. I generally sleet LPT1.
    >> --
    >>
    >> "quitono" wrote in message
    >> >I dl the epson cx4100 driver and install onto the Vista machine. During
    >> >the
    >> > installation it ask to make sure the printer is connected to the pc and
    >> > turn
    >> > on, which I choose manul instead. Next screen ask to choose the port
    >> > LPT1/2/3
    >> > COM1/2/3/4
    >> > FILE (print to file)
    >> > XPS
    >> >
    >> > so which one should I select or do I ADD Port/Config Port
    >> > Please assist. FYI computer name is user-2d12345678 and the
    >> > printershare
    >> > name is epson (Manufacturer does not extend helpto installing network
    >> > printer) Thanks

  9. Re: share printer wireless with different OS

    Finally I got it. Many thanks for your patience

    "GTS" wrote:

    > Select the Ports tab. Click Add Port. Select Local Port. click Add New
    > Port (or just double click Local Port). Enter the printer info as
    > \\computername\printersharename and Click OK. OK again....
    > --
    >
    > "quitono" wrote in message
    > > After I add printer as local on my Vista LPT1 is check. Now how do I
    > > change
    > > the port? WhenI right click the printer>properties>lightlight LPT1 and try
    > > 'config port' - there's nothing to change. Can you show me steps wise,
    > > how/where do I change the path. Pardon my limited knowledge, thanks
    > >

    > > "GTS" wrote:
    > >
    > >> It doesn't really matter which port you choose as you will be changing it
    > >> as
    > >> soon as the driver install completes. I generally sleet LPT1.
    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> "quitono" wrote in message

  10. Re: share printer wireless with different OS

    You're welcome.
    --

+ Reply to Thread