Acquiring Network Address on XP SP3 - Wireless

This is a discussion on Acquiring Network Address on XP SP3 - Wireless ; Recently on a XP SP3 pc it is no longer connecting to the internet via wireless connection, it just shows acquiring network address. I have tried recreating a new SSID on the router but the problem still exists. Another pc ...

  1. Acquiring Network Address on XP SP3

    Recently on a XP SP3 pc it is no longer connecting to the internet via
    wireless connection, it just shows acquiring network address.

    I have tried recreating a new SSID on the router but the problem still
    exists. Another pc that has a network cable connection to the router
    is working correctly. The DHCP range is form 192.168.1.100 now with a
    range of 100.

    Does anybody know how to get the pc to connect again via the wireless
    connection?

  2. Re: Acquiring Network Address on XP SP3

    Google 'xp sp3 wifi problems'

    Check this out too:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953979/en-us

    "Robin9876" wrote in message
    > Recently on a XP SP3 pc it is no longer connecting to the internet via
    > wireless connection, it just shows acquiring network address.
    >
    > I have tried recreating a new SSID on the router but the problem still
    > exists. Another pc that has a network cable connection to the router
    > is working correctly. The DHCP range is form 192.168.1.100 now with a
    > range of 100.
    >
    > Does anybody know how to get the pc to connect again via the wireless
    > connection?

+ Reply to Thread