Acquiring Network Address problem on XP SP3 - Wireless

This is a discussion on Acquiring Network Address problem on XP SP3 - Wireless ; On a laptop that has Winsows XP SP3 which connects to a linksys router (WAG54GS), the wireless connection has stopped in the last few days and just shows acquiring network address. Another pc is connected to the router by network ...

  1. Acquiring Network Address problem on XP SP3

    On a laptop that has Winsows XP SP3 which connects to a linksys router
    (WAG54GS), the wireless connection has stopped in the last few days
    and just shows acquiring network address.

    Another pc is connected to the router by network cable and is working
    correctly. I have created new network SSID's on the router and pass
    phrase but the problem still exists. The DHCP on the router is in the
    192.168.1.x range.

    Has anybody else who has had this problem resolved it?

  2. Re: Acquiring Network Address problem on XP SP3

    Hi
    Check the Wireless components and settings on the computer.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Also log to Linksys support and make sure that there is No changes needed to
    the Router for XP SP3.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Robin9876" wrote in message
    > On a laptop that has Winsows XP SP3 which connects to a linksys router
    > (WAG54GS), the wireless connection has stopped in the last few days
    > and just shows acquiring network address.
    >
    > Another pc is connected to the router by network cable and is working
    > correctly. I have created new network SSID's on the router and pass
    > phrase but the problem still exists. The DHCP on the router is in the
    > 192.168.1.x range.
    >
    > Has anybody else who has had this problem resolved it?

+ Reply to Thread