Wireless print server stopped working (XP) - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless print server stopped working (XP) - Wireless ; Hi-I've been using a Lynksys wireless WRT54GC with an older WPS-11 wireless print server for about 2 years with no problems. The printer is an HP Laserjet 5. The wireless connection seems to have stopped working. The only light lit ...

  1. Wireless print server stopped working (XP)

    Hi-I've been using a Lynksys wireless WRT54GC with an older WPS-11
    wireless print server for about 2 years with no problems. The printer
    is an HP Laserjet 5. The wireless connection seems to have stopped
    working. The only light lit on the WPS-11 is the ACT. Any suggestions
    would be greatly appreciated.

  2. Re: Wireless print server stopped working (XP)

    Hi
    As a first step try to connect the printer directly to a computer and check
    if it working on its own.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "John." wrote in message

    > Hi-I've been using a Lynksys wireless WRT54GC with an older WPS-11
    > wireless print server for about 2 years with no problems. The printer
    > is an HP Laserjet 5. The wireless connection seems to have stopped
    > working. The only light lit on the WPS-11 is the ACT. Any suggestions
    > would be greatly appreciated.

  3. Re: Wireless print server stopped working (XP)

    On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 22:47:02 -0400, "Jack \(MVP-Networking\)."
    wrote:

    >Hi
    >As a first step try to connect the printer directly to a computer and check
    >if it working on its own.
    >Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Yes it works fine, that's how I've been using it, thanks.

    >"John." wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hi-I've been using a Lynksys wireless WRT54GC with an older WPS-11
    >> wireless print server for about 2 years with no problems. The printer
    >> is an HP Laserjet 5. The wireless connection seems to have stopped
    >> working. The only light lit on the WPS-11 is the ACT. Any suggestions
    >> would be greatly appreciated.

  4. Re: Wireless print server stopped working (XP)

    On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 22:47:02 -0400, "Jack \(MVP-Networking\)."
    wrote:

    It started working again wireless for a few documents, then I moved
    the printer and print server a few feet away and it stopped. They're
    about 10 feet away from the router.

    >Hi
    >As a first step try to connect the printer directly to a computer and check
    >if it working on its own.
    >Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    >"John." wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hi-I've been using a Lynksys wireless WRT54GC with an older WPS-11
    >> wireless print server for about 2 years with no problems. The printer
    >> is an HP Laserjet 5. The wireless connection seems to have stopped
    >> working. The only light lit on the WPS-11 is the ACT. Any suggestions
    >> would be greatly appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread