Second admin account has connectivity but cannot access any websit - Wireless

This is a discussion on Second admin account has connectivity but cannot access any websit - Wireless ; I have a weird problem. I have set up a second account on my Dell Desktop for a family member to use on a visit. It is set up as an administrator. When I log on under this second account, ...

  1. Second admin account has connectivity but cannot access any websit

    I have a weird problem. I have set up a second account on my Dell Desktop
    for a family member to use on a visit. It is set up as an administrator.
    When I log on under this second account, it automatically wirelessly connects
    to the internet via my Linksys router (and Comcast modem). That's not a
    problem. I can see that it's connected and there's a strong signal.

    However, while I can see that there's wireless connectivity, when I try to
    load any webpage, nothing happens. I even shut down the McAfee firewall, but
    still the same result.

    What settings do I have to tweak to get this to work? I have used other
    people's laptops as a limited (not guest) user, but I never saw this kind of
    problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

  2. Re: Second admin account has connectivity but cannot access any websit

    Can you ping a web site? Or post the result of ipconfig /all here.

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    "Fantine" wrote in message
    >I have a weird problem. I have set up a second account on my Dell Desktop
    > for a family member to use on a visit. It is set up as an administrator.
    > When I log on under this second account, it automatically wirelessly
    > connects
    > to the internet via my Linksys router (and Comcast modem). That's not a
    > problem. I can see that it's connected and there's a strong signal.
    >
    > However, while I can see that there's wireless connectivity, when I try to
    > load any webpage, nothing happens. I even shut down the McAfee firewall,
    > but
    > still the same result.
    >
    > What settings do I have to tweak to get this to work? I have used other
    > people's laptops as a limited (not guest) user, but I never saw this kind
    > of
    > problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread