WPA2 update - Wireless

This is a discussion on WPA2 update - Wireless ; Do we need to update Windows XP SP2 with the WPA2 update if we are using the wireless adapter's manufacturer's own configuration management tools?...

  1. WPA2 update

    Do we need to update Windows XP SP2 with the WPA2 update if we are
    using the wireless adapter's manufacturer's own configuration
    management tools?

  2. Re: WPA2 update

    does that include a third party WPA2 supplicant? My opinion is that
    you are better off with native windows tools... what adapter
    exactly?

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP

  3. Re: WPA2 update

    AFAIK, not if the manufacturer's own driver and management tools already
    includes WPA2. I'm using Linksys WUSB54G driver and management without
    KB893357. WPA2 works fine.

    "smlunatick" wrote in message
    > Do we need to update Windows XP SP2 with the WPA2 update if we are
    > using the wireless adapter's manufacturer's own configuration
    > management tools?

+ Reply to Thread