Unconsistent wireless network - Wireless

This is a discussion on Unconsistent wireless network - Wireless ; I am trying to setup wireless network using XTERASYS XA-2622G Access Point. I am able to connect to the network, but it works very weird. It works ok on a first 2-5 minutes, but next sometimes it works, sometimes not. ...

  1. Unconsistent wireless network

    I am trying to setup wireless network using XTERASYS XA-2622G Access
    Point. I am able to connect to the network, but it works very weird.
    It works ok on a first 2-5 minutes, but next sometimes it works,
    sometimes not. When I open more then 1 tab - some tabs are OK, some
    are not.
    Status shows "connected" with maximal signal strength. Ping to the
    Access Point works OK/
    When I am using other network (I have 2 wireless networks from 2
    different ISP two different Access Points) - I have no such problems.
    Any ideas how to solve this problem without replacing XTERASYS
    XA-2622G Access Point?

    Thanks,

    Zalek

  2. Re: Unconsistent wireless network

    On Jul 7, 11:39*am, zalek wrote:
    > I am trying to setup wireless network using XTERASYS XA-2622G Access
    > Point. I am able to connect to the network, but it works very weird.
    > It works ok on a first 2-5 minutes, but next sometimes it works,
    > sometimes not. When I open more then 1 tab - some tabs are OK, some
    > are not.
    > Status shows "connected" with maximal signal strength. Ping to the
    > Access Point works OK/
    > When I am using other network (I have 2 wireless networks from 2
    > different ISP two different Access Points) - I have no such problems.
    > Any ideas how to solve this problem without replacing XTERASYS
    > XA-2622G Access Point?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Zalek

    I've encountered a similar problem like yours. I am using Norton 360
    v2 which has a built-in firewall module that was blocking my wireless
    AP SSID. Once I added my SSID to the firewall's trusted "zones" and
    the wireless networking was stable / reliable.

  3. Re: Unconsistent wireless network

    On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 03:39:09 -0700 (PDT), zalek
    wrote:

    >I am trying to setup wireless network using XTERASYS XA-2622G Access
    >Point. I am able to connect to the network, but it works very weird.
    >It works ok on a first 2-5 minutes, but next sometimes it works,
    >sometimes not. When I open more then 1 tab - some tabs are OK, some
    >are not.
    >Status shows "connected" with maximal signal strength. Ping to the
    >Access Point works OK/
    >When I am using other network (I have 2 wireless networks from 2
    >different ISP two different Access Points) - I have no such problems.
    >Any ideas how to solve this problem without replacing XTERASYS
    >XA-2622G Access Point?

    That's not enough information to make a suitable diagnosis. However,
    it's enough for a bad guess. My guess is that you have too many
    radios operating in the same physical area and there might be some
    mutual interference. Try turning OFF the other 2 access points and
    see if the one you're having problems with magically recovers. Also,
    if you have 3 access points, make sure they're on different
    NON-OVERLAPPING channels (1, 6, and 11).

    --
    Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com
    Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

+ Reply to Thread