help with wireless b/band - Wireless

This is a discussion on help with wireless b/band - Wireless ; I have VIRGIN wireless broadband with a Huwai e220 modem. It is connected to my Windows Vista Ultimate desktop PC via USB. I also have a small network comprising 1 x Linux Mandriva PC, 1 x Linux Mint PC, and ...

  1. help with wireless b/band

    I have VIRGIN wireless broadband with a Huwai e220 modem. It is connected to
    my Windows Vista Ultimate desktop PC via USB. I also have a small network
    comprising 1 x Linux Mandriva PC, 1 x Linux Mint PC, and an old desktop
    without g/card, monitor, mouse or k/board that I use to store files.
    My problem is that whenever I connect to the internet I lose my network.
    When I try to change the settings in the "network and sharing centre" i can
    get my network but no internet!
    I hav etried every possible combination of settings that i can do without
    being able to have both.
    The strange ting is that sometimes when I connect it all works for about 3
    minutes then it falls over!
    I have no hair left! can someone please help me?
    Greg

  2. Re: help with wireless b/band

    Hi
    I am Not familiar with Huwai e220 modem. however some of the Wireless
    Internet provider have an arrangement that does Not allow sharing the
    connection.
    Make sure that your does.
    Assuming that you are using Windows Native ICS, use live search looking for
    a term like Vista ICS and Linux.
    General ICS instructions for Vista here,
    http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...b14771033.mspx
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Greg" wrote in message
    >I have VIRGIN wireless broadband with a Huwai e220 modem. It is connected
    > my Windows Vista Ultimate desktop PC via USB. I also have a small network
    > comprising 1 x Linux Mandriva PC, 1 x Linux Mint PC, and an old desktop
    > without g/card, monitor, mouse or k/board that I use to store files.
    > My problem is that whenever I connect to the internet I lose my network.
    > When I try to change the settings in the "network and sharing centre" i
    > can
    > get my network but no internet!
    > I hav etried every possible combination of settings that i can do without
    > being able to have both.
    > The strange ting is that sometimes when I connect it all works for about 3
    > minutes then it falls over!
    > I have no hair left! can someone please help me?
    > Greg

+ Reply to Thread