SSID not showing up on 1 XP machine - Wireless

This is a discussion on SSID not showing up on 1 XP machine - Wireless ; Have a strange problem. I have 4 wireless machines at my home. 2 Vista and 2 XP(SP3). When I look at available Wireless networks the SSID shows up on 3 machines. One XP machine will not show my network whatever ...

  1. SSID not showing up on 1 XP machine

    Have a strange problem. I have 4 wireless machines at my home. 2 Vista and
    2 XP(SP3). When I look at available Wireless networks the SSID shows up on
    3 machines. One XP machine will not show my network whatever I do. Weird
    thing is I can manually put all the info on the machine and it will work
    fine, and connect even after rebooting. Any ideas on this one ?

  2. Re: SSID not showing up on 1 XP machine

    Hi
    Does it show other networks, or it does not work at all?
    If it is Not working at all may be this can Help,
    http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Mark_" wrote in message
    > Have a strange problem. I have 4 wireless machines at my home. 2 Vista
    > and 2 XP(SP3). When I look at available Wireless networks the SSID shows
    > up on 3 machines. One XP machine will not show my network whatever I do.
    > Weird thing is I can manually put all the info on the machine and it will
    > work fine, and connect even after rebooting. Any ideas on this one ?

  3. Re: SSID not showing up on 1 XP machine

    All other networks around me show up. It just happens on this machine. But
    the weird thing is I can manually connect..

    > Hi
    > Does it show other networks, or it does not work at all?
    > If it is Not working at all may be this can Help,
    > http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >

    > "Mark_" wrote in message
    >> Have a strange problem. I have 4 wireless machines at my home. 2 Vista
    >> and 2 XP(SP3). When I look at available Wireless networks the SSID shows
    >> up on 3 machines. One XP machine will not show my network whatever I do.
    >> Weird thing is I can manually put all the info on the machine and it will
    >> work fine, and connect even after rebooting. Any ideas on this one ?

  4. Re: SSID not showing up on 1 XP machine

    Curious if the adapter Ad hoc Channel/Mode settings could cause this? If ad
    hoc setting is same channel and mode as SSID.

    "Mark_" wrote in message
    news4CE33AD-1B2B-4E34-8204-F489E96CEEAB@microsoft.com...
    > All other networks around me show up. It just happens on this machine.
    > But the weird thing is I can manually connect..
    >

    > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >> Does it show other networks, or it does not work at all?
    >> If it is Not working at all may be this can Help,
    >> http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
    >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>

    >> "Mark_" wrote in message
    >>> Have a strange problem. I have 4 wireless machines at my home. 2 Vista
    >>> and 2 XP(SP3). When I look at available Wireless networks the SSID
    >>> shows up on 3 machines. One XP machine will not show my network
    >>> whatever I do. Weird thing is I can manually put all the info on the
    >>> machine and it will work fine, and connect even after rebooting. Any
    >>> ideas on this one ?

  5. Re: SSID not showing up on 1 XP machine

    Good question. AD-Hoc is not checked.

    "iPC" wrote in message
    > Curious if the adapter Ad hoc Channel/Mode settings could cause this? If
    > ad hoc setting is same channel and mode as SSID.
    >

    > "Mark_" wrote in message
    > news4CE33AD-1B2B-4E34-8204-F489E96CEEAB@microsoft.com...
    >> All other networks around me show up. It just happens on this machine.
    >> But the weird thing is I can manually connect..
    >>

    >> "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote in message
    >>> Hi
    >>> Does it show other networks, or it does not work at all?
    >>> If it is Not working at all may be this can Help,
    >>> http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
    >>> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>>

    >>> "Mark_" wrote in message

  6. Re: SSID not showing up on 1 XP machine

    OK, I figured it out. The old D-LINK will not work with SP3, but a later
    one will..

    "Mark_" wrote in message
    > Good question. AD-Hoc is not checked.
    >

    > "iPC" wrote in message
    >> Curious if the adapter Ad hoc Channel/Mode settings could cause this? If
    >> ad hoc setting is same channel and mode as SSID.
    >>

    >> "Mark_" wrote in message
    >> news4CE33AD-1B2B-4E34-8204-F489E96CEEAB@microsoft.com...
    >>> All other networks around me show up. It just happens on this machine.
    >>> But the weird thing is I can manually connect..
    >>>

    >>> "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote in message

  7. Re: SSID not showing up on 1 XP machine

    Thanks for posting your reckoning, Mark.

    "Mark_" wrote in message
    news0572DEE-0F90-4D1D-926F-5663B4C74B22@microsoft.com...
    > OK, I figured it out. The old D-LINK will not work with SP3, but a later
    > one will..
    >
    > "Mark_" wrote in message
    >> Good question. AD-Hoc is not checked.
    >>

    >> "iPC" wrote in message
    >>> Curious if the adapter Ad hoc Channel/Mode settings could cause this? If
    >>> ad hoc setting is same channel and mode as SSID.
    >>>

    >>> "Mark_" wrote in message
    >>> news4CE33AD-1B2B-4E34-8204-F489E96CEEAB@microsoft.com...

+ Reply to Thread