Wireless LAN API alternative - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless LAN API alternative - Wireless ; Hi, I am using some API's from the Wireless LAN API (managed and native) in my app. The disadvantage of this seems to be that the user has to install the Windows Hotfix for Wireless LAN API. My question is ...

  1. Wireless LAN API alternative

    Hi,

    I am using some API's from the Wireless LAN API (managed and native)
    in my app. The disadvantage of this seems to be that the user has to
    install the Windows Hotfix for Wireless LAN API. My question is
    whether there is a way to access the wireless network interface
    without using the wireless LAN API?

    Thanks,

  2. Re: Wireless LAN API alternative

    "Abhi" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am using some API's from the Wireless LAN API (managed and native)
    > in my app. The disadvantage of this seems to be that the user has to
    > install the Windows Hotfix for Wireless LAN API. My question is
    > whether there is a way to access the wireless network interface
    > without using the wireless LAN API?

    Since this hotfix is now included in SP3 - the Wireless API is the way to
    go.
    No alternative is needed.

    --PA

  3. Re: Wireless LAN API alternative

    On 5 Jul, 17:03, "Pavel A." wrote:
    > "Abhi" wrote in message

    > > Hi,

    > > I am using some API's from the Wireless LAN API (managed and native)
    > > in my app. The disadvantage of this seems to be that the user has to
    > > install the Windows Hotfix for Wireless LAN API. My question is
    > > whether there is a way to access the wireless network interface
    > > without using the wireless LAN API?

    > Since this hotfix is now included in SP3 - the Wireless API is the way to
    > go.
    > No alternative is needed.
    >
    > --PA

    Ok. Thats a relief. Thanks for your reply.

    -Abhi

+ Reply to Thread