Cannot Connect to the Wireless Network - Wireless

This is a discussion on Cannot Connect to the Wireless Network - Wireless ; My wireless network on my XP was slow. So I removed all the network driver components for the adapter. Now I try to enable the adapter, and get the error : Connecting to the Wireless Network : Cannot connect I ...

  1. Cannot Connect to the Wireless Network

    My wireless network on my XP was slow. So I removed all the network driver
    components for the adapter. Now I try to enable the adapter, and get the
    error :

    Connecting to the Wireless Network : Cannot connect

    I tried to reinstall using my Linksys CD, and it says all the drivers are
    already installed.

    How can I get my XP wireless drivers back?

  2. Re: Cannot Connect to the Wireless Network

    You may try to delete the wireless from the devices manager and restart the
    computer and then re-install it.

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    "josephguerra" wrote in message
    > My wireless network on my XP was slow. So I removed all the network
    > driver
    > components for the adapter. Now I try to enable the adapter, and get the
    > error :
    >
    > Connecting to the Wireless Network : Cannot connect
    >
    > I tried to reinstall using my Linksys CD, and it says all the drivers are
    > already installed.
    >
    > How can I get my XP wireless drivers back?

  3. Re: Cannot Connect to the Wireless Network

    Hi
    Some Wireless Card's manufacturers attach the Drivers to their Wireless
    Utilities.
    If one does not want to use/have the Utilities, the way to overcome it is to
    find the Drivers for the cards chipset on the OEM's Support site, and use
    them instead of the CD.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "josephguerra" wrote in message
    > My wireless network on my XP was slow. So I removed all the network
    > driver
    > components for the adapter. Now I try to enable the adapter, and get the
    > error :
    >
    > Connecting to the Wireless Network : Cannot connect
    >
    > I tried to reinstall using my Linksys CD, and it says all the drivers are
    > already installed.
    >
    > How can I get my XP wireless drivers back?

  4. Re: Cannot Connect to the Wireless Network

    Yes, I had to reenter my WEP key for the network, and now it works.

    "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > You may try to delete the wireless from the devices manager and restart the
    > computer and then re-install it.
    >
    > --
    > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    > http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    > http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    > "josephguerra" wrote in message
    > > My wireless network on my XP was slow. So I removed all the network
    > > driver
    > > components for the adapter. Now I try to enable the adapter, and get the
    > > error :
    > >
    > > Connecting to the Wireless Network : Cannot connect
    > >
    > > I tried to reinstall using my Linksys CD, and it says all the drivers are
    > > already installed.
    > >
    > > How can I get my XP wireless drivers back?

  5. Re: Cannot Connect to the Wireless Network

    Thank you for the update.

    --
    newsBD23083-0EE5-48CE-9FEA-709DECE2E306@microsoft.com...
    > Yes, I had to reenter my WEP key for the network, and now it works.
    >
    > "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> You may try to delete the wireless from the devices manager and restart
    >> the
    >> computer and then re-install it.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    >> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    >> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    >> "josephguerra" wrote in message
    >> > My wireless network on my XP was slow. So I removed all the network
    >> > driver
    >> > components for the adapter. Now I try to enable the adapter, and get
    >> > the
    >> > error :
    >> >
    >> > Connecting to the Wireless Network : Cannot connect
    >> >
    >> > I tried to reinstall using my Linksys CD, and it says all the drivers
    >> > are
    >> > already installed.
    >> >
    >> > How can I get my XP wireless drivers back?

+ Reply to Thread