Wireless Router & Wired Access Point Question - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless Router & Wired Access Point Question - Wireless ; I have two buildings that are connected to each other via fiber. In building 1 I have a wireless router. In the second building I want to connect a wireless access point via cat5. Is there a way to make ...

  1. Wireless Router & Wired Access Point Question

    I have two buildings that are connected to each other via fiber. In
    building 1 I have a wireless router. In the second building I want to
    connect a wireless access point via cat5. Is there a way to make
    both wireless networks have the same broadcast name and share the same
    security settings? I want the users to be able to go back and forth
    without changing networks.

  2. Re: Wireless Router & Wired Access Point Question

    It depends on the wireless router and AP model. In my company, we have Cisco
    1200 and 1300 wireless APs in 5 buildings All of tem using the same SSID and
    same domain authentication.

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    wrote in message
    >I have two buildings that are connected to each other via fiber. In
    > building 1 I have a wireless router. In the second building I want to
    > connect a wireless access point via cat5. Is there a way to make
    > both wireless networks have the same broadcast name and share the same
    > security settings? I want the users to be able to go back and forth
    > without changing networks.

  3. Re: Wireless Router & Wired Access Point Question

    Hi
    It should not be a problem. It might work better if you assign to the
    Wireless Router/AP different channel in each location.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    wrote in message
    >I have two buildings that are connected to each other via fiber. In
    > building 1 I have a wireless router. In the second building I want to
    > connect a wireless access point via cat5. Is there a way to make
    > both wireless networks have the same broadcast name and share the same
    > security settings? I want the users to be able to go back and forth
    > without changing networks.

+ Reply to Thread