How to connect 2 wireless notebook? - Wireless

This is a discussion on How to connect 2 wireless notebook? - Wireless ; Hi, I have 2 notebook (1 using XP and 1 using vista). I used "set up a wireless network for a home or small office" to network these 2 notebook. Both notebook already successful connect to wireless router under same ...

  1. How to connect 2 wireless notebook?

    Hi, I have 2 notebook (1 using XP and 1 using vista). I used "set up a
    wireless network for a home or small office" to network these 2 notebook.
    Both notebook already successful connect to wireless router under same
    workgroup but under "XP notebook" the vista notebook not appear. On the vista
    notebook workgroup map appear XP notebook. Went I try to explore XP notebook
    from Vista notebook this message appear "the network path was not found".

  2. Re: How to connect 2 wireless notebook?

    Make sure you have NetBIOS over TCP/IP enabled. Also make sure no firewall
    blocks sharing.

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    "ennani" wrote in message
    > Hi, I have 2 notebook (1 using XP and 1 using vista). I used "set up a
    > wireless network for a home or small office" to network these 2 notebook.
    > Both notebook already successful connect to wireless router under same
    > workgroup but under "XP notebook" the vista notebook not appear. On the
    > vista
    > notebook workgroup map appear XP notebook. Went I try to explore XP
    > notebook
    > from Vista notebook this message appear "the network path was not found".

  3. Re: How to connect 2 wireless notebook?

    Hi
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Windows XP File Sharing -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "ennani" wrote in message
    > Hi, I have 2 notebook (1 using XP and 1 using vista). I used "set up a
    > wireless network for a home or small office" to network these 2 notebook.
    > Both notebook already successful connect to wireless router under same
    > workgroup but under "XP notebook" the vista notebook not appear. On the
    > vista
    > notebook workgroup map appear XP notebook. Went I try to explore XP
    > notebook
    > from Vista notebook this message appear "the network path was not found".

+ Reply to Thread