Wireless-to-wired connectivity in XP Home - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless-to-wired connectivity in XP Home - Wireless ; We have 3 computers we want to network. 2 laptops are on a secured wireless network and one desktop attaches to internet via ethernet cable to our wireless router/access point. Is their a way to network all three so as ...

  1. Wireless-to-wired connectivity in XP Home

    We have 3 computers we want to network. 2 laptops are on a secured wireless
    network and one desktop attaches to internet via ethernet cable to our
    wireless router/access point.
    Is their a way to network all three so as to access desktop files and
    printer from the wireless laptops, and if so how?

  2. Re: Wireless-to-wired connectivity in XP Home

    Sure, make sure all computers are in the same subnet. This how to may help.
    How to enable windows sharing
    How to enable Windows sharing. One of the reasons to create a
    workgroup or domain network is for all computers on the network to access
    the network ...
    http://www.howtonetworking.com/Netwo...lesharing0.htm

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    "pat" wrote in message
    > We have 3 computers we want to network. 2 laptops are on a secured
    > wireless
    > network and one desktop attaches to internet via ethernet cable to our
    > wireless router/access point.
    > Is their a way to network all three so as to access desktop files and
    > printer from the wireless laptops, and if so how?

+ Reply to Thread