How can we see pc1 - Wireless

This is a discussion on How can we see pc1 - Wireless ; pc1 (named as Tomboy) which has a printer attached to it is connected (wired) to the router while pc2 named Cat) is a remote pc. Both pc1 and pc2 (wirelessly) can go internet and I can also print from pc2. ...

  1. How can we see pc1

    pc1 (named as Tomboy) which has a printer attached to it is connected (wired)
    to the router while pc2 named Cat) is a remote pc. Both pc1 and pc2
    (wirelessly) can go internet and I can also print from pc2.
    To get access to PC1 (XP) , I log in my user name "Tom" and password "xyz"
    pc2 is also an XP machine

    What must I do if I want pc2 to see pc1 (Tomboy) and get access to Tomboy.
    Your guidance much appreciated. Thanks

  2. Re: How can we see pc1

    Have you enable file sharing on PC1? If yes, can you see pc1 using this
    command net view \\pc1ipaddress?
    How to enable windows sharing
    How to enable Windows sharing. One of the reasons to create a
    workgroup or domain network is for all ... Domain network sharing -
    Macintosh file sharing ...
    http://www.howtonetworking.com/Netwo...lesharing0.htm

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    "quitono" wrote in message
    > pc1 (named as Tomboy) which has a printer attached to it is connected
    > (wired)
    > to the router while pc2 named Cat) is a remote pc. Both pc1 and pc2
    > (wirelessly) can go internet and I can also print from pc2.
    > To get access to PC1 (XP) , I log in my user name "Tom" and password "xyz"
    > pc2 is also an XP machine
    >
    > What must I do if I want pc2 to see pc1 (Tomboy) and get access to Tomboy.
    > Your guidance much appreciated. Thanks

  3. Re: How can we see pc1

    Many thanks for pointing to the web page, where probably the best written
    instructions that I have read. Its plain simple and easy to understand. Thanks

    "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Have you enable file sharing on PC1? If yes, can you see pc1 using this
    > command net view \\pc1ipaddress?
    > How to enable windows sharing
    > How to enable Windows sharing. One of the reasons to create a
    > workgroup or domain network is for all ... Domain network sharing -
    > Macintosh file sharing ...
    > http://www.howtonetworking.com/Netwo...lesharing0.htm
    >

    > --
    > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    > http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    > http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    > "quitono" wrote in message
    > > pc1 (named as Tomboy) which has a printer attached to it is connected
    > > (wired)
    > > to the router while pc2 named Cat) is a remote pc. Both pc1 and pc2
    > > (wirelessly) can go internet and I can also print from pc2.
    > > To get access to PC1 (XP) , I log in my user name "Tom" and password "xyz"
    > > pc2 is also an XP machine
    > >
    > > What must I do if I want pc2 to see pc1 (Tomboy) and get access to Tomboy.
    > > Your guidance much appreciated. Thanks

  4. Re: How can we see pc1

    Thank you for the feedback.

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    "quitono" wrote in message
    > Many thanks for pointing to the web page, where probably the best written
    > instructions that I have read. Its plain simple and easy to understand.
    > Thanks
    >
    > "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> Have you enable file sharing on PC1? If yes, can you see pc1 using this
    >> command net view \\pc1ipaddress?
    >> How to enable windows sharing
    >> How to enable Windows sharing. One of the reasons to create a
    >> workgroup or domain network is for all ... Domain network sharing -
    >> Macintosh file sharing ...
    >> http://www.howtonetworking.com/Netwo...lesharing0.htm
    >>

    >> --
    >> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    >> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    >> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    >> "quitono" wrote in message
    >> > pc1 (named as Tomboy) which has a printer attached to it is connected
    >> > (wired)
    >> > to the router while pc2 named Cat) is a remote pc. Both pc1 and pc2
    >> > (wirelessly) can go internet and I can also print from pc2.
    >> > To get access to PC1 (XP) , I log in my user name "Tom" and password
    >> > "xyz"
    >> > pc2 is also an XP machine
    >> >
    >> > What must I do if I want pc2 to see pc1 (Tomboy) and get access to
    >> > Tomboy.
    >> > Your guidance much appreciated. Thanks

  5. Re: How can we see pc1

    From your link, I was able to set my "shared' printing going but have to xome
    back to bug you again as my mind is a bit blank at the moment. Quote from
    your response " Have you enable file sharing on PC1? If yes, can you see pc1
    using this command net view \\pc1ipaddress? ' How do we do that.?
    Do you mean when I click My Computer> "user documnet folder" which is
    already shared and I have also make this folder 'SYSCLEAN' shared. If so,
    how/where do we use/type this command quote ' net view \\pc1ipaddress? '
    Sorry for the trouble,thanks

    "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Thank you for the feedback.
    >
    > --
    > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    > http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    > http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    > "quitono" wrote in message
    > > Many thanks for pointing to the web page, where probably the best written
    > > instructions that I have read. Its plain simple and easy to understand.
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Have you enable file sharing on PC1? If yes, can you see pc1 using this
    > >> command net view \\pc1ipaddress?
    > >> How to enable windows sharing
    > >> How to enable Windows sharing. One of the reasons to create a
    > >> workgroup or domain network is for all ... Domain network sharing -
    > >> Macintosh file sharing ...
    > >> http://www.howtonetworking.com/Netwo...lesharing0.htm
    > >>

    > >> --
    > >> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE