how to connect via wireless rather than wired NIC? - Wireless

This is a discussion on how to connect via wireless rather than wired NIC? - Wireless ; Hi, I have a Windows 2000 computer that works well with an installed D- Link wired NIC. I want to no longer use this NIC for internet access but would like to connect wirelessly. The new NIC is a Hawking ...

  1. how to connect via wireless rather than wired NIC?

    Hi,

    I have a Windows 2000 computer that works well with an installed D-
    Link wired NIC. I want to no longer use this NIC for internet access
    but would like to connect wirelessly. The new NIC is a Hawking
    Technologies USB device HWU54G Z2. I have connected the new NIC and
    installed the driver. But I don't know how to make Windows use that
    NIC to connect. I tried powering off the DSL modem, rebooted and had
    no connectivity. Then I used device manager to disable the D-Link NIC
    and rebooted. I still have no connectivity.

    Suggestions? Pointers to documentation?

    TIA,

    Dave

  2. Re: how to connect via wireless rather than wired NIC?

    Hi
    Windows 2000 does not have native Utility for Wireless.
    You need to install the Hawking's Wireless Utility for your card (if you do
    not have a CD you probably can find it on Hawking's support site).
    Read the Utility instructions and you would be able to configure the
    Wireless.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Dave Stevens" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Windows 2000 computer that works well with an installed D-
    > Link wired NIC. I want to no longer use this NIC for internet access
    > but would like to connect wirelessly. The new NIC is a Hawking
    > Technologies USB device HWU54G Z2. I have connected the new NIC and
    > installed the driver. But I don't know how to make Windows use that
    > NIC to connect. I tried powering off the DSL modem, rebooted and had
    > no connectivity. Then I used device manager to disable the D-Link NIC
    > and rebooted. I still have no connectivity.
    >
    > Suggestions? Pointers to documentation?
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > Dave

+ Reply to Thread