Setting wireless network after reformatting - Wireless

This is a discussion on Setting wireless network after reformatting - Wireless ; I had to reformat my harddrive and used a Gateway recovery disk. Seems like everything turned out OK. The only problem is that when I try to set up the laptop to my netgear wireless router, I don't get the ...

  1. Setting wireless network after reformatting

    I had to reformat my harddrive and used a Gateway recovery disk. Seems like
    everything turned out OK. The only problem is that when I try to set up the
    laptop to my netgear wireless router, I don't get the "Wireless Networks" tab
    to use Windows to configure the wireless network.

    kchuck

  2. Re: Setting wireless network after reformatting

    kchuck wrote:
    > I had to reformat my harddrive and used a Gateway recovery disk. Seems like
    > everything turned out OK. The only problem is that when I try to set up the
    > laptop to my netgear wireless router, I don't get the "Wireless Networks" tab
    > to use Windows to configure the wireless network.
    > Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

    Look in Device Manager and make sure that your wireless adapter was
    reinstalled properly.

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP

  3. Re: Setting wireless network after reformatting

    Thanks for the reply, Lem. I did check and the Device Manager does show the
    wireless adapter ( Broadcom 802.11 Multiband Network Adapter )
    --
    kchuck

    "Lem" wrote:

    > kchuck wrote:
    > > I had to reformat my harddrive and used a Gateway recovery disk. Seems like
    > > everything turned out OK. The only problem is that when I try to set up the
    > > laptop to my netgear wireless router, I don't get the "Wireless Networks" tab
    > > to use Windows to configure the wireless network.
    > > Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    > >

    > Look in Device Manager and make sure that your wireless adapter was
    > reinstalled properly.
    >
    > --
    > Lem -- MS-MVP

  4. Re: Setting wireless network after reformatting

    Hi
    May be this can Help.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "kchuck" wrote in message
    news54642A1-664C-4272-97C5-BB1A8E7BB91E@microsoft.com...
    >I had to reformat my harddrive and used a Gateway recovery disk. Seems like
    > everything turned out OK. The only problem is that when I try to set up
    > the
    > laptop to my netgear wireless router, I don't get the "Wireless Networks"
    > tab
    > to use Windows to configure the wireless network.
    > Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > --
    > kchuck

+ Reply to Thread