Limited or No Connection - Wireless

This is a discussion on Limited or No Connection - Wireless ; Hi: XP and 'wired' connection. At the right bottom of system-tray, a tiny icon of PC indicating 'Limited or No Connection.' All of sudden, this evening I am NOT able to connect Internet, although other PCs with XP in the ...

  1. Limited or No Connection

    Hi:
    XP and 'wired' connection.

    At the right bottom of system-tray, a tiny icon of PC indicating
    'Limited or No Connection.'

    All of sudden, this evening I am NOT able to connect Internet,
    although other PCs with XP in the same room have all Internet
    Connections.

    That PC is a very last PC to be connected only
    recently, last month.

    Is this because of 'weak' signal or what else?
    If it's because of 'weak' signal, what remedy should be done,
    such as changing 'wired' system or an up-to-date modem?

    Thanks in advance for any help.

  2. Re: Limited or No Connection

    Posting the result of ipconfig /all may help. Or these search results may
    help.
    Troubleshooting limited or no connectivity
    If your computer is currently connected to the Internet and the LAN
    without any connection problem, you may want to disable the message "Limited
    or No ...
    http://www.chicagotech.net/troublesh...nnectivity.htm - Similar
    pages

    chicagotech.net :: View topic - Solved: Limited connectivity with ...
    Apr 19, 2008 ... Troubleshooting limited or no connectivity "This
    connection has limited or no connectivity. " "You might not be able to
    access the Internet ...
    http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...opic.php?t=246

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    "MapleE." wrote in message
    > Hi:
    > XP and 'wired' connection.
    >
    > At the right bottom of system-tray, a tiny icon of PC indicating
    > 'Limited or No Connection.'
    >
    > All of sudden, this evening I am NOT able to connect Internet,
    > although other PCs with XP in the same room have all Internet
    > Connections.
    >
    > That PC is a very last PC to be connected only
    > recently, last month.
    >
    > Is this because of 'weak' signal or what else?
    > If it's because of 'weak' signal, what remedy should be done,
    > such as changing 'wired' system or an up-to-date modem?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help.

  3. Re: Limited or No Connection

    then you said:
    > Is this because of 'weak' signal or what else?
    > If it's because of 'weak' signal, what remedy should be done,
    > such as changing 'wired' system or an up-to-date modem?

    Sounds like you're having connection problem on your wired PC but you
    suspect WiFi signal has something to do with it. How are they related?

    "MapleE." wrote in message
    > Hi:
    > XP and 'wired' connection.
    >
    > At the right bottom of system-tray, a tiny icon of PC indicating
    > 'Limited or No Connection.'
    >
    > All of sudden, this evening I am NOT able to connect Internet,
    > although other PCs with XP in the same room have all Internet
    > Connections.
    >
    > That PC is a very last PC to be connected only
    > recently, last month.
    >
    > Is this because of 'weak' signal or what else?
    > If it's because of 'weak' signal, what remedy should be done,
    > such as changing 'wired' system or an up-to-date modem?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help.

  4. Re: Limited or No Connection

    Thanks for the responses along with web-sites.

    Today, I found that PCI Adapter got bad, although the PC with XP is only
    one month old purchased from a local PC store, because I still love to have
    XP over Vista.

    Now, with 'Wireless/Netgear,' it's working GREAT, as seeing all web-sites
    coming right away with only one-click.

    One more question is, .... whether I should replace PCI Adapter or stick to
    the 'Netgear Wireless?'

    Thanks,

    "John" wrote in message news:%23svkW3i0IHA.2384@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
    > first you said:
    >> XP and 'wired' connection.

    > then you said:
    >> Is this because of 'weak' signal or what else?
    >> If it's because of 'weak' signal, what remedy should be done,
    >> such as changing 'wired' system or an up-to-date modem?

    > Sounds like you're having connection problem on your wired PC but you
    > suspect WiFi signal has something to do with it. How are they related?
    >
    > "MapleE." wrote in message
    >> Hi:
    >> XP and 'wired' connection.
    >>
    >> At the right bottom of system-tray, a tiny icon of PC indicating
    >> 'Limited or No Connection.'
    >>
    >> All of sudden, this evening I am NOT able to connect Internet,
    >> although other PCs with XP in the same room have all Internet
    >> Connections.
    >>
    >> That PC is a very last PC to be connected only
    >> recently, last month.
    >>
    >> Is this because of 'weak' signal or what else?
    >> If it's because of 'weak' signal, what remedy should be done,
    >> such as changing 'wired' system or an up-to-date modem?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for any help.

+ Reply to Thread