tv tuner question - Wireless

This is a discussion on tv tuner question - Wireless ; My configuration is as follows: Cable modem...old PC (with router)...current pc via wireless network. My question is, can I get TV to my current PC wirelessly, and would I be able to access it remotely somehow from the TV in ...

  1. tv tuner question

    My configuration is as follows:
    Cable modem...old PC (with router)...current pc via wireless network.

    My question is, can I get TV to my current PC wirelessly, and would I
    be able to access it remotely somehow from the TV in my family room
    (on the first floor) and the PC in the home office on the second
    floor?

    Thanks!

    Eddie G

  2. Re: tv tuner question

    It is a TV Tuner,...it has nothing to do with "networking" (wired or
    wireless),

    You either can to run a CableTV Cable (separate from CableModem) or an
    antenna with/coax to the Tuner or use an antenna built directly on the
    Tuner. It is no different than if you went out and bought another addition
    TV for the house instead of a PC with a Tuner Card. Your home "network" is
    not even relevant.

    You can move video over an IP network with devices like a SlingBox, but that
    isn't what I think you are asking about. I thorught I remember seeing some
    wireless devices where you can wirelessly run a second TV off or antoher
    TV's Cable Box or Satelite Receiver, but I have no details on that or even
    know if that is anything like what you are asking. In any case it still has
    nothing to do with your home IP network (wired or wireless).

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    "Eddie G" wrote in message
    > My configuration is as follows:
    > Cable modem...old PC (with router)...current pc via wireless network.
    >
    > My question is, can I get TV to my current PC wirelessly, and would I
    > be able to access it remotely somehow from the TV in my family room
    > (on the first floor) and the PC in the home office on the second
    > floor?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Eddie G

+ Reply to Thread