Unauthorized connection sharing - Wireless

This is a discussion on Unauthorized connection sharing - Wireless ; Is there any way to tell if someone is piggy-backing on my wireless connection other than noticing a slowdown. Is there an application that would detect it. Thanks....

  1. Unauthorized connection sharing

    Is there any way to tell if someone is piggy-backing on my wireless
    connection other than noticing a slowdown.
    Is there an application that would detect it. Thanks.

  2. Re: Unauthorized connection sharing

    AirSnare is one...

    http://home.comcast.net/~jay.deboer/airsnare/

    With that said the real key is using strong encryption like WPA2/WPA and a
    long random key. Personally I protect my home wireless network with WPA-PSK
    (AES) and use a 63-character random ASCII key.

    http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.or...sSecurity.html

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows - Desktop User Experience)

    mutual benefit of all of us...
    rights...
    How to ask a question
    http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

    "jsimmons88" wrote in message
    > Is there any way to tell if someone is piggy-backing on my wireless
    > connection other than noticing a slowdown.
    > Is there an application that would detect it. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread