How to Open the Control Panel "Choose a Wireless network" from a b - Wireless

This is a discussion on How to Open the Control Panel "Choose a Wireless network" from a b - Wireless ; Is it possible to open the Control Panel "Choose a Wireless network" from a batch file? I have a two batch files on my laptop for my wireless card. One enables the card and starts the WZC service and the ...

  1. How to Open the Control Panel "Choose a Wireless network" from a b

    Is it possible to open the Control Panel "Choose a Wireless network" from a
    batch file? I have a two batch files on my laptop for my wireless card. One
    enables the card and starts the WZC service and the other one disables the
    card and stops the WZC service. I would like to add the opening of the
    "Choose a Wireless network" applet to the enable / start wireless batch file.
    Howeber, I have not yet found a way to start the "Choose a Wireless network"
    applet outside of control panel. Any ideas?

  2. Re: How to Open the Control Panel "Choose a Wireless network" from a b

    Hi
    It is Not clear why you need the control panel.
    When using WZC a Wireless Network is chosen by clicking on the Traybar
    Network Icon, and choosing available Wireless Network.
    If you want always to choose the same Network you can can put only one
    Network in the preferred list, and check to Auto connect to it
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Baron" wrote in message
    > Is it possible to open the Control Panel "Choose a Wireless network" from
    > batch file? I have a two batch files on my laptop for my wireless card.
    > One
    > enables the card and starts the WZC service and the other one disables the
    > card and stops the WZC service. I would like to add the opening of the
    > "Choose a Wireless network" applet to the enable / start wireless batch
    > file.
    > Howeber, I have not yet found a way to start the "Choose a Wireless
    > network"
    > applet outside of control panel. Any ideas?

  3. Re: How to Open the Control Panel "Choose a Wireless network" from

    Thanks for the information. Allow me to clarify. I have a batch file on my
    laptop for my wireless card, which currently does the following two things:

    1) Enables the internal Wireless card
    2) Starts the WZC service

    The third item that I would like to add to this batch file is the ability to
    open the "Choose a Wireless Network" window (Control Panel | Network
    Connections | Wireless Network) to show all available networks in range.

    Batch File Goal:
    1) Enables the internal Wireless card
    2) Starts the WZC service
    3) Open "Choose a Wireless Network" window

    I have been able to create a link to the "Choose a Wireless Network" window.
    However, target shows the is {BA126ADB-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E}, which I
    believe is a class, but I don't know how to find the program to run in order
    to open this window.

    How can I trace the class number to a program?

    Screen Shot:
    http://pinchy.netfirms.com/image.gif

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > It is Not clear why you need the control panel.
    > When using WZC a Wireless Network is chosen by clicking on the Traybar
    > Network Icon, and choosing available Wireless Network.
    > If you want always to choose the same Network you can can put only one
    > Network in the preferred list, and check to Auto connect to it
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Baron" wrote in message
    > > Is it possible to open the Control Panel "Choose a Wireless network" from
    > > batch file? I have a two batch files on my laptop for my wireless card.
    > > One
    > > enables the card and starts the WZC service and the other one disables the
    > > card and stops the WZC service. I would like to add the opening of the
    > > "Choose a Wireless network" applet to the enable / start wireless batch
    > > file.
    > > Howeber, I have not yet found a way to start the "Choose a Wireless
    > > network"
    > > applet outside of control panel. Any ideas?

  4. Re: How to Open the Control Panel "Choose a Wireless network" from

    I was not able to find a simple solution to executing a link in a batch file
    where the link target shows a class
    "{BA126ADB-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E}". However, I was able to create a
    work-around using AutoIt3 with just a few lins of code. Too bad the simple
    link could not have been more straigth forward!

    "Baron" wrote:

    > Thanks for the information. Allow me to clarify. I have a batch file on my
    > laptop for my wireless card, which currently does the following two things:
    >
    > 1) Enables the internal Wireless card
    > 2) Starts the WZC service
    >
    > The third item that I would like to add to this batch file is the ability to
    > open the "Choose a Wireless Network" window (Control Panel | Network
    > Connections | Wireless Network) to show all available networks in range.
    >
    > Batch File Goal:
    > 1) Enables the internal Wireless card
    > 2) Starts the WZC service
    > 3) Open "Choose a Wireless Network" window
    >
    > I have been able to create a link to the "Choose a Wireless Network" window.
    > However, target shows the is {BA126ADB-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E}, which I
    > believe is a class, but I don't know how to find the program to run in order
    > to open this window.
    >
    > How can I trace the class number to a program?
    >
    > Screen Shot:
    > http://pinchy.netfirms.com/image.gif
    >
    > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    >
    > > Hi
    > > It is Not clear why you need the control panel.
    > > When using WZC a Wireless Network is chosen by clicking on the Traybar
    > > Network Icon, and choosing available Wireless Network.
    > > If you want always to choose the same Network you can can put only one
    > > Network in the preferred list, and check to Auto connect to it
    > > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    > >
    > > "Baron" wrote in message
    > > > Is it possible to open the Control Panel "Choose a Wireless network" from
    > > > batch file? I have a two batch files on my laptop for my wireless card.
    > > > One
    > > > enables the card and starts the WZC service and the other one disables the
    > > > card and stops the WZC service. I would like to add the opening of the
    > > > "Choose a Wireless network" applet to the enable / start wireless batch
    > > > file.
    > > > Howeber, I have not yet found a way to start the "Choose a Wireless
    > > > network"
    > > > applet outside of control panel. Any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread