How to find a wireless routers IP Address - Wireless

This is a discussion on How to find a wireless routers IP Address - Wireless ; Hello, I have a linksys wireless router set-up in the office and I need to know what the IP Address is. I kow the router is on our network but i'm not sure how to go about finding the IP. ...

  1. How to find a wireless routers IP Address

    Hello,

    I have a linksys wireless router set-up in the office and I need to know
    what the IP Address is. I kow the router is on our network but i'm not sure
    how to go about finding the IP. What are the steps that I need to take in
    order to find this out? Any help you can provide would be great!

    Thanks
    James

  2. Re: How to find a wireless routers IP Address

    James Landon wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a linksys wireless router set-up in the office and I need to know
    > what the IP Address is. I kow the router is on our network but i'm not sure
    > how to go about finding the IP. What are the steps that I need to take in
    > order to find this out? Any help you can provide would be great!
    >
    > Thanks
    > James

    1. Ask the person responsible for administering your office network.

    2. Assuming that this is the only router in the network and further
    assuming that you have a computer that is connected to the network, then
    open a command prompt window and type "ipconfig /all" without quotes and
    press Enter. The IP address listed as your "Gateway" should be the router.

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP

  3. Re: How to find a wireless routers IP Address

    Public IP? If so go to http://www.whatismyip.com from a PC on the LAN.

    Otherwise Lem's advice works to get the LAN IP of the router...

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows - Desktop User Experience)

    mutual benefit of all of us...
    rights...
    How to ask a question
    http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

    "James Landon" wrote in message
    news:1OWdnYKafNmaCcvVnZ2dnUVZ_jadnZ2d@posted.choic eonecommunications...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a linksys wireless router set-up in the office and I need to know
    > what the IP Address is. I kow the router is on our network but i'm not
    > sure how to go about finding the IP. What are the steps that I need to
    > take in order to find this out? Any help you can provide would be great!
    >
    > Thanks
    > James

  4. Re: How to find a wireless routers IP Address

    If your computers in the network are not connected to the wireless router you
    cant the ip address of the router, the only way is connect one of your laptop
    or desktop diectly to the wireless router using cat5 and if the ip setting in
    the router is set to dhcp you can get the routers ip address which is your
    default gateway, and if the dhcp is diasabled you will not get the ip and
    gateway to your computer, in that case you need to reset your wireless router
    and for most of the linksys routers the ip is 192.168.1.1.

    AJ...

    "Sooner Al [MVP]" wrote:

    > Public IP? If so go to http://www.whatismyip.com from a PC on the LAN.
    >
    > Otherwise Lem's advice works to get the LAN IP of the router...
    >
    > --
    >
    > Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows - Desktop User Experience)

    > mutual benefit of all of us...
    > rights...
    > How to ask a question
    > http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
    >

    > "James Landon" wrote in message
    > news:1OWdnYKafNmaCcvVnZ2dnUVZ_jadnZ2d@posted.choic eonecommunications...
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I have a linksys wireless router set-up in the office and I need to know
    > > what the IP Address is. I kow the router is on our network but i'm not
    > > sure how to go about finding the IP. What are the steps that I need to
    > > take in order to find this out? Any help you can provide would be great!
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > James

+ Reply to Thread