Zero Configuration Setting for Wireless Connection - Wireless

This is a discussion on Zero Configuration Setting for Wireless Connection - Wireless ; I have to reset my Windows config setting to connect wireless each time the computer starts. After resetting the setting to "START" in Services (because it's been reset to "STOP", the "Apply" button is dimmed so I can only click ...

  1. Zero Configuration Setting for Wireless Connection

    I have to reset my Windows config setting to connect wireless each time the
    computer starts. After resetting the setting to "START" in Services (because
    it's been reset to "STOP", the "Apply" button is dimmed so I can only click
    OK. I think this may be the problem. So then I have to go through all the
    steps each time. What's the problem with the "Apply" button being deactive?
    --
    mickey

  2. Re: Zero Configuration Setting for Wireless Connection

    Hi
    May be this can Help.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).
    "mickey" wrote in message
    >I have to reset my Windows config setting to connect wireless each time the
    > computer starts. After resetting the setting to "START" in Services
    > (because
    > it's been reset to "STOP", the "Apply" button is dimmed so I can only
    > click
    > OK. I think this may be the problem. So then I have to go through all
    > the
    > steps each time. What's the problem with the "Apply" button being
    > deactive?
    > --
    > mickey

  3. Re: Zero Configuration Setting for Wireless Connection

    Thanks a lot. Problem was the Dell LAN was also enabled so I disabled that.
    Solved the problem!
    --
    mickey

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > May be this can Help.
    > http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    > "mickey" wrote in message
    > >I have to reset my Windows config setting to connect wireless each time the
    > > computer starts. After resetting the setting to "START" in Services
    > > (because
    > > it's been reset to "STOP", the "Apply" button is dimmed so I can only
    > > click
    > > OK. I think this may be the problem. So then I have to go through all
    > > the
    > > steps each time. What's the problem with the "Apply" button being
    > > deactive?
    > > --
    > > mickey

  4. Re: Zero Configuration Setting for Wireless Connection

    "mickey" wrote in message
    > I have to reset my Windows config setting to connect wireless each time
    > the
    > computer starts. After resetting the setting to "START" in Services
    > (because
    > it's been reset to "STOP", the "Apply" button is dimmed so I can only
    > click
    > OK. I think this may be the problem. So then I have to go through all
    > the
    > steps each time. What's the problem with the "Apply" button being
    > deactive?

    There is no problem with the Apply button.
    It is enabled only when one changes the startup type of the service, what
    you don't do.
    The start and stop are one-time commands that don't affect the permanent
    startup type.

    The info on MVP Jack's site can help you to find what is tinkering with your
    wzcsvc.

    Regards,
    --PA

+ Reply to Thread