PCI wireless card cannot find IP address - Wireless

This is a discussion on PCI wireless card cannot find IP address - Wireless ; I have a Linksys WRT54G router with a desktop on ethernet connection and a laptop wireless that function properly. I am trying to set up the desktop wireless and I have tried two PCI cards and both get the same ...

  1. PCI wireless card cannot find IP address

    I have a Linksys WRT54G router with a desktop on ethernet connection and a
    laptop wireless that function properly. I am trying to set up the desktop
    wireless and I have tried two PCI cards and both get the same problem. All
    sets up OK and it shows the connection to the router as ok. However both
    cards cannot find the IP address and indicate a continous effort to do so.
    They indicate an IP address of 0.0.0.0.0.

  2. Re: PCI wireless card cannot find IP address

    If you setup wireless without security, can you receive IP?

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    "Archie" wrote in message
    >I have a Linksys WRT54G router with a desktop on ethernet connection and a
    > laptop wireless that function properly. I am trying to set up the desktop
    > wireless and I have tried two PCI cards and both get the same problem.
    > All
    > sets up OK and it shows the connection to the router as ok. However both
    > cards cannot find the IP address and indicate a continous effort to do so.
    > They indicate an IP address of 0.0.0.0.0.

  3. Re: PCI wireless card cannot find IP address

    Is your Key correct?
    Is your SSID correct?

    hyasu

    "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote in message
    > If you setup wireless without security, can you receive IP?
    >
    > --
    > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    > http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    > http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    > "Archie" wrote in message
    >>I have a Linksys WRT54G router with a desktop on ethernet connection and a
    >> laptop wireless that function properly. I am trying to set up the
    >> desktop
    >> wireless and I have tried two PCI cards and both get the same problem.
    >> All
    >> sets up OK and it shows the connection to the router as ok. However both
    >> cards cannot find the IP address and indicate a continous effort to do
    >> so.
    >> They indicate an IP address of 0.0.0.0.0.

  4. Re: PCI wireless card cannot find IP address

    Hi
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Archie" wrote in message
    >I have a Linksys WRT54G router with a desktop on ethernet connection and a
    > laptop wireless that function properly. I am trying to set up the desktop
    > wireless and I have tried two PCI cards and both get the same problem.
    > All
    > sets up OK and it shows the connection to the router as ok. However both
    > cards cannot find the IP address and indicate a continous effort to do so.
    > They indicate an IP address of 0.0.0.0.0.

+ Reply to Thread