Universal Router/Modem Configuration tool for Desktop - Wireless

This is a discussion on Universal Router/Modem Configuration tool for Desktop - Wireless ; Hi I am seeking a suggestion.. I have a network with multiple wireless routers and modems. Presently, I am using the web interface and sometimes telnet to administer them. I was wondering if we have a desktop software which I ...

  1. Universal Router/Modem Configuration tool for Desktop

    Hi

    I am seeking a suggestion..

    I have a network with multiple wireless routers and modems.
    Presently, I am using the web interface and sometimes telnet to administer
    them.

    I was wondering if we have a desktop software which I can install on my
    machine and use the software to connect and administer these routers/modems.

    Any tool suggestions would be appreciated.

    --
    Regards,
    Gaurav Pandey

  2. Re: Universal Router/Modem Configuration tool for Desktop

    On Jun 12, 8:08 pm, "Gaurav Pandey" wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I am seeking a suggestion..
    >
    > I have a network with multiple wireless routers and modems.
    > Presently, I am using the web interface and sometimes telnet to administer
    > them.
    >
    > I was wondering if we have a desktop software which I can install on my
    > machine and use the software to connect and administer these routers/modems.
    >
    > Any tool suggestions would be appreciated.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Gaurav Pandey

    Probably not. Unless you were to use "commercial" grade routers (>
    $500) then their will never be a universal tool.

  3. Re: Universal Router/Modem Configuration tool for Desktop

    "Gaurav Pandey" wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I am seeking a suggestion..
    >
    > I have a network with multiple wireless routers and modems.
    > Presently, I am using the web interface and sometimes telnet to administer
    > them.
    >
    > I was wondering if we have a desktop software which I can install on my
    > machine and use the software to connect and administer these
    > routers/modems.
    >
    > Any tool suggestions would be appreciated.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Gaurav Pandey

    If all this talks SNMP, you can use any of cheap SNMP toolkits,
    or roll your own.
    You also can roll your own using telnet interface and some telnet terminal
    software that has scripting.

    Regards,
    --PA

  4. Re: Universal Router/Modem Configuration tool for Desktop

    I think telnet might be a good option!

    I was wondering if anyone is aware of a web resource or a book to understand
    telnet commands?

    "Pavel A." wrote in message
    > "Gaurav Pandey" wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I am seeking a suggestion..
    >>
    >> I have a network with multiple wireless routers and modems.
    >> Presently, I am using the web interface and sometimes telnet to
    >> administer them.
    >>
    >> I was wondering if we have a desktop software which I can install on my
    >> machine and use the software to connect and administer these
    >> routers/modems.
    >>
    >> Any tool suggestions would be appreciated.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >> Gaurav Pandey

    > If all this talks SNMP, you can use any of cheap SNMP toolkits,
    > or roll your own.
    > You also can roll your own using telnet interface and some telnet terminal
    > software that has scripting.
    >

    > Regards,
    > --PA

+ Reply to Thread