computer not in network - Wireless

This is a discussion on computer not in network - Wireless ; We had our two office computers networked today I couldnt find the other computer listed under my network places. Do I have to re do the networking, or is it lost somewhere....

  1. computer not in network

    We had our two office computers networked
    today I couldnt find the other computer listed under my network places. Do I
    have to re do the networking, or is it lost somewhere.

  2. Re: computer not in network

    "sharon" wrote in message

    > We had our two office computers networked
    > today I couldnt find the other computer listed under my network places. Do

    > have to re do the networking, or is it lost somewhere.

    The fastest solution is to run your Network Wizard again.
    (This may lead to some duplicate entries in your Network
    Places.)

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs

  3. Re: computer not in network

    On Fri, 16 May 2008 23:03:00 -0700, sharon
    wrote:

    >We had our two office computers networked
    >today I couldnt find the other computer listed under my network places. Do I
    >have to re do the networking, or is it lost somewhere.

    Sharon,

    Do the two computers have Internet connectivity? That's where you start - it
    tells you whether the networking is working at all.

    Examine the network methodically.

    http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2005...ghborhood.html

    If you like, post logs here from "browstat status", "ipconfig /all", "net config
    server", and "net config workstation", from each computer, so we can diagnose
    the problem. Read this article, and linked articles, and follow instructions
    precisely (Download browstat, and note how to install and run it.):

    http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2005...#AskingForHelp

    --
    Cheers,
    http://networking.nitecruzr.net/