wlanapi.dll error after SP3 (D-Link) - Wireless

This is a discussion on wlanapi.dll error after SP3 (D-Link) - Wireless ; Wlanapi.dll error occurred after the installation of SP3. Wlanapi issues continued at boot time and here is how I solved it. I currently use Dlink Wireless Dlink Video Dlink Firewall Wlanapi.dll resolution The D-Link AirPlus Utility does not work with ...

  1. wlanapi.dll error after SP3 (D-Link)

    Wlanapi.dll error occurred after the installation of SP3. Wlanapi issues continued at boot time and here is how I solved it. I currently use

    Dlink Wireless
    Dlink Video
    Dlink Firewall

    Wlanapi.dll resolution

    The D-Link AirPlus Utility does not work with Windows XP Service Pack 3. Upon loading, it displays: "AirGCFG.exe - Entry Point Not Found. The procedure enry point apsGetInterfaceCount could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll.".

    A workaround is to use the pre-SP3 version of wlanapi.dll and place it in the appropriate directories. Upon loading, this version of the file will be used instead of the version in the System32 directory.

    xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll "%ProgramFiles%\D-Link\AirPlus G"
    xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll "%ProgramFiles%\ANI\ANIWZCS2" --

    it worked fine on my PC desktop with Windows XP Pro SP3.....

  2. Re: wlanapi.dll error after SP3 (D-Link)

    Sorry....i've seen in this forum there's the solution.... Dlink Video or Dlink Firewall or Dlink routers forum

  3. Re: wlanapi.dll error after SP3 (D-Link)

    You can also get rid of the wlanapi.dll error in dlink + sp3 combination by downloading and installing the new driver from Dlink wireless website.

    ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Wireless/dwlg122...river_3.10.zip

  4. RE: wlanapi.dll error after SP3 (D-Link)

    Hi! I have the same problem with wlanapi.dll on sp3 , but I don't get what to do about it. How do i download the pre-SP3 version of wlanapi.dll????

    Bye

  5. Re: wlanapi.dll error after SP3 (D-Link)

    Contact D-Link for update. They caused DLL name conflict (aka "DLL hell") with MS, they ought to provide update for their software that resolves this.

    --PA
    Dlink Firewall User

+ Reply to Thread