Problems with network sharing - Wireless

This is a discussion on Problems with network sharing - Wireless ; I'm trying to see if I can share files between two Acer Aspire notebooks with Windows Vista connected to a D-Link Wi-fi router. However, when both computers are connected to the network, computer A can detect the other, but computer ...

  1. Problems with network sharing

    I'm trying to see if I can share files between two Acer Aspire notebooks
    with Windows Vista connected to a D-Link Wi-fi router. However, when both
    computers are connected to the network, computer A can detect the other, but
    computer B other cannot detect it. When computer A tries to enter the
    computer B, Windows says that it can't find it. I've tried matching the
    settings on both computers, deactivating the firewalls, even setting up a
    separate ad-hoc network, but nothing seems to work. How can I configure both
    computers to trade files over the wireless network (or the ad-hoc)?

  2. Re: Problems with network sharing

    Hi
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Windows XP File Sharing -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Gbuteler89" wrote in message
    > I'm trying to see if I can share files between two Acer Aspire notebooks
    > with Windows Vista connected to a D-Link Wi-fi router. However, when both
    > computers are connected to the network, computer A can detect the other,
    > but computer B other cannot detect it. When computer A tries to enter the
    > computer B, Windows says that it can't find it. I've tried matching the
    > settings on both computers, deactivating the firewalls, even setting up a
    > separate ad-hoc network, but nothing seems to work. How can I configure
    > both computers to trade files over the wireless network (or the ad-hoc)?

+ Reply to Thread