Synchronize Windows Mail - Wireless

This is a discussion on Synchronize Windows Mail - Wireless ; Hi I have a laptop and a desktop connected to a home network. I have the same mail accounts on both computers. Incoming mail is not a problem, both computers receive the same mail. But I want my SENT mail ...

  1. Synchronize Windows Mail

    Hi

    I have a laptop and a desktop connected to a home network.
    I have the same mail accounts on both computers.
    Incoming mail is not a problem, both computers receive the same mail.
    But I want my SENT mail to appear on both computers.
    How can I synchronize so both sent and received mail are the same on both
    computers?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Synchronize Windows Mail

    Syncing sent mail is not possible with a standard POP account.
    It can be done with an IMAP account (Gmail, AOL) or a HTTP
    account (Hotmail with WLM).

    --
    Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP

    "R" wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a laptop and a desktop connected to a home network.
    > I have the same mail accounts on both computers.
    > Incoming mail is not a problem, both computers receive the same mail.
    > But I want my SENT mail to appear on both computers.
    > How can I synchronize so both sent and received mail are the same on both
    > computers?
    >
    > Thanks

  3. Re: Synchronize Windows Mail

    Oh I see...

    That's a pity, I would think that this is a "problem" a lot of people have.

    Thanks Gary

    "Gary VanderMolen" wrote in message
    > Syncing sent mail is not possible with a standard POP account.
    > It can be done with an IMAP account (Gmail, AOL) or a HTTP
    > account (Hotmail with WLM).
    >
    > --
    > Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP
    >

    > "R" wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I have a laptop and a desktop connected to a home network.
    >> I have the same mail accounts on both computers.
    >> Incoming mail is not a problem, both computers receive the same mail.
    >> But I want my SENT mail to appear on both computers.
    >> How can I synchronize so both sent and received mail are the same on both
    >> computers?
    >>
    >> Thanks

  4. Re: Synchronize Windows Mail

    You might include your self in the cc: or bcc: field of a sent message. That
    way you would get a copy on the other PC when you download email.

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows - Desktop User Experience)

    mutual benefit of all of us...
    rights...
    How to ask a question
    http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

    "R" wrote in message
    > Oh I see...
    >
    > That's a pity, I would think that this is a "problem" a lot of people
    > have.
    >
    > Thanks Gary
    >

    > "Gary VanderMolen" wrote in message
    >> Syncing sent mail is not possible with a standard POP account.
    >> It can be done with an IMAP account (Gmail, AOL) or a HTTP
    >> account (Hotmail with WLM).
    >>
    >> --
    >> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP
    >>

    >> "R" wrote in message
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> I have a laptop and a desktop connected to a home network.
    >>> I have the same mail accounts on both computers.
    >>> Incoming mail is not a problem, both computers receive the same mail.
    >>> But I want my SENT mail to appear on both computers.
    >>> How can I synchronize so both sent and received mail are the same on
    >>> both computers?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

  5. Re: Synchronize Windows Mail

    On May 8, 10:41*am, "R" wrote:
    > Oh I see...
    >
    > That's a pity, I would think that this is a "problem" a lot of people have..
    >
    > Thanks Gary
    >
    > "Gary VanderMolen" wrote in message

    > > Syncing sent mail is not possible with a standard POP account.
    > > It can be done with an IMAP account (Gmail, AOL) or a HTTP
    > > account (Hotmail with WLM).

    > > --
    > > Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP

    > > "R" wrote in message
    > >> Hi

    > >> I have a laptop and a desktop connected to a home network.
    > >> I have the same mail accounts on both computers.
    > >> Incoming mail is not a problem, both computers receive the same mail.
    > >> But I want my SENT mail to appear on both computers.
    > >> How can I synchronize so both sent and received mail are the same on both
    > >> computers?

    > >> Thanks- Hide quoted text -

    Yes this is a problem with the POP email protocol. This is a reason
    why IMAP is gaining popularity since the emails messages are stored on
    the server and not locally in the POP client.

  6. Re: Synchronize Windows Mail

    Yes, it's a limitation of the POP protocol. That protocol is fairly
    old, and it doesn't have all the features that the newer protocols have.
    OTOH, that's also what makes it snappy.

    --
    Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP

    "R" wrote in message
    > Oh I see...
    >
    > That's a pity, I would think that this is a "problem" a lot of people
    > have.
    >
    > Thanks Gary
    >

    > "Gary VanderMolen" wrote in message
    >> Syncing sent mail is not possible with a standard POP account.
    >> It can be done with an IMAP account (Gmail, AOL) or a HTTP
    >> account (Hotmail with WLM).
    >>
    >> --
    >> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP
    >>

    >> "R" wrote in message
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> I have a laptop and a desktop connected to a home network.
    >>> I have the same mail accounts on both computers.
    >>> Incoming mail is not a problem, both computers receive the same mail.
    >>> But I want my SENT mail to appear on both computers.
    >>> How can I synchronize so both sent and received mail are the same on
    >>> both computers?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

  7. Re: Synchronize Windows Mail

    On May 8, 6:01*pm, "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
    > Yes, it's a limitation of the POP protocol. That protocol is fairly
    > old, and it doesn't have all the features that the newer protocols have.
    > OTOH, that's also what makes it snappy.
    >
    > --
    > Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP
    >
    > "R" wrote in message

    > > Oh I see...

    > > That's a pity, I would think that this is a "problem" a lot of people
    > > have.

    > > Thanks Gary

    > > "Gary VanderMolen" wrote in message
    > >> Syncing sent mail is not possible with a standard POP account.
    > >> It can be done with an IMAP account (Gmail, AOL) or a HTTP
    > >> account (Hotmail with WLM).

    > >> --
    > >> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP

    > >> "R" wrote in message

    I seem to recall that some "places" are / were trying to "outlaw" POP
    mail. This was to keep a "trace" of all emails sent / received.

+ Reply to Thread