Connecting to WPA2 secured Wireless network - Wireless

This is a discussion on Connecting to WPA2 secured Wireless network - Wireless ; I'm new to VPCs and I'm having what I suspect is a simple, but annoying problem. I'm a college student and our wireless network uses WPA2 security. My main OS (Vista Ultimate) has no problems connecting, but my VPC does ...

  1. Connecting to WPA2 secured Wireless network

    I'm new to VPCs and I'm having what I suspect is a simple, but annoying
    problem. I'm a college student and our wireless network uses WPA2 security.
    My main OS (Vista Ultimate) has no problems connecting, but my VPC does not
    get internet. When I'm connected to my WEP network at home the VPC has no
    problem getting internet connections. I have the VPC set up to use the same
    Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection that Vista is using. Anyone
    have any Idea what I can do to get this working? Thanks

  2. Re: Connecting to WPA2 secured Wireless network

    Hi
    If by VPC you mean Virtual PC.
    VPC can not work directly with Wireless, it has a virtual Intel wired card.
    However if the Host computer have a network connection wire or wireless, the
    VPC card as a wired card can use this connection no need for wireless
    software or wireless security on the VPC.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Connecting to WPA2 wireless network" network@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    newsDD3798B-F4F1-4084-9722-FE2F67CC7B2D@microsoft.com...
    > I'm new to VPCs and I'm having what I suspect is a simple, but annoying
    > problem. I'm a college student and our wireless network uses WPA2
    > security.
    > My main OS (Vista Ultimate) has no problems connecting, but my VPC does
    > not
    > get internet. When I'm connected to my WEP network at home the VPC has no
    > problem getting internet connections. I have the VPC set up to use the
    > same
    > Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection that Vista is using. Anyone
    > have any Idea what I can do to get this working? Thanks

+ Reply to Thread