"mshome network incessable. contact administrator" - Wireless

This is a discussion on "mshome network incessable. contact administrator" - Wireless ; Using xp laptop on wireless network, I can get to the internet ok. I get this message when I click on the mshome network. Using Lincsys wireless 45 G. The other pcs on mshome can see the xp Who is ...

  1. "mshome network incessable. contact administrator"

    Using xp laptop on wireless network, I can get to the internet ok.

    I get this message when I click on the mshome network. Using Lincsys
    wireless 45 G.
    The other pcs on mshome can see the xp

    Who is the administrator? Is it the desktop I used to set up the wireless
    router.

    Thanks

  2. Re: "mshome network incessable. contact administrator"

    On May 6, 11:18*am, "Jack D" wrote:
    > Using xp laptop on wireless network, *I can get to the internet ok.
    >
    > I get this message when I click on the mshome network. *Using Lincsys
    > wireless 45 G.
    > The other pcs on mshome can see the xp
    >
    > Who is the administrator? *Is it the desktop I used to set up the wireless
    > router.
    >
    > Thanks

    Administrator is the user account that controls access to various
    components of Windows. Either your current account is not set up as
    an 'administrator" or you have not completed the configuration of your
    network. Check the firewall settings and permit file/printer sharing
    to pass thru it.

  3. Re: "mshome network incessable. contact administrator"

    "Jack D" wrote in message

    > Using xp laptop on wireless network, I can get to the internet ok.
    > I get this message when I click on the mshome network. Using Lincsys
    > wireless 45 G.
    > The other pcs on mshome can see the xp
    >
    > Who is the administrator? Is it the desktop I used to set up the wireless
    > router.

    The wireless network and your laptop ought to have
    the same network name -- which you can check for
    the laptop in /Control Panel / System? System Info.

    MSHOME is one of the XP Network Wizard's default
    or suggested names and was eitherr chosen or not
    chosen by whoever set up the wireless network (thus
    needing XP Admin privileges on whatever PC he used.)
    Router settings are something different; the router
    probably functions in the network as one of its devices.

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs

  4. Re: "mshome network incessable. contact administrator"

    "Jack D" wrote in message
    > Using xp laptop on wireless network, I can get to the internet ok.
    >
    > I get this message when I click on the mshome network. Using Lincsys
    > wireless 45 G.
    > The other pcs on mshome can see the xp
    >
    > Who is the administrator? Is it the desktop I used to set up the wireless
    > router.

    In this context, administrator is somebody with a knowledge.
    So the experts here are kind of your collective administrator, you've just
    contacted them

    Congrats.

    --PA

+ Reply to Thread